AR choice-243 wssm

GrizleyHunter

Now that my choice of a 243wssm is almost set in concrete what are some of the bullet weights and FPS you guys use.
Mike and I think it will be built for mid weight bullets,I dont remember the twist we discused.
Keep in mind that this gun will be used for hunting and not target shooting so it will be used for yote to deer sized anamials.
Will I now have to start reloading to get a good choice of ammo???

I just got my .243 wizzer fromo D-Tech about 2 months ago and so far have only found time to get one load developed. Off the top of my head, don't remember grains but I am using Varget under a 75 gr. Hornady HP. IF I draw an antelope tag for this fall, then I will go ahead and develop a load using an 85 gr. partition.
I think you should just plan on reloading. Just not many choices in the factory loaded ammo. in the .243 wssm.

Man, I have been all over the internet and the more info I find on loads for the 243 wssm the more I think this is going to be a great choice for my DTECH AR.
And thanks to all you guys for helping out.
If you can pass on anymore info that would be way cool.
Griz

Now it looks like I got to spend about 1500. with Dillon for all my reloading stuff.(if the goverment can spen money they dont have I quess I can to) LOL

Quote:
Varget or R-15 with 75 gr or heavier bullets.

RL-15 has been the best with 95BT Nosler's and I have got IMR4064 now doing well also.

I have also tried W748, IMR4350, H380, H4895, and IMR3031. Some did better then others.

Back