A win with the national parks.

gotchanow

seems the republicans can make some ground with the democratic majority they took a playbook form the dems and attached it to another bill. Looks like its concealed carry time in the national parks.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=6541576

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Senate has voted to allow people to carry loaded guns in national parks and wildlife refuges.

Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., sponsored the measure, which would restore a Bush administration policy allowing loaded guns in national parks.

A federal judge blocked the policy in March, and the Obama administration declined to file an appeal.

The gun amendment was attached to a bill imposing restrictions on credit card companies. The bill was approved 90-5.

The measure now goes to the House, where approval is expected.

This makes me wonder if anyone ever writes their senators to thank them and let them know they did a good thing by voting for things like this. I bet they get sick and tired of hearing all the complaining might be nice to get some praise once in a while.

Quote:
This makes me wonder if anyone ever writes their senators to thank them and let them know they did a good thing by voting for things like this. I bet they get sick and tired of hearing all the complaining might be nice to get some praise once in a while.

Yes. Actually, I wrote Coburn on this issue prior to the vote. I thanked him for his support and views of the 2A, and assured him he could count on my support during the next election.

Back