Help for a beginner

Quote:
Make an account on www.Trapperman.com. You will learn tons on there!

just don't ask any question or you will be ripped to shreds from the know it alls that know nothing over there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif. Personnally I wouldn't recommend that site to anyone thats wanting to get into trapping or is a trapper, there are better sites out there.

this is a far better site to go to, to learn about trapping, and its made for the beginner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.

http://cajunbill.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Quote:
you can get hammered on here too, if you dont watch out, theres know it alls everywhere

Thank you, I'll take that as a complimemt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif since after 34 years trapping, I don't know a thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I was wondering if it would be worth my while to skin taxidermy style for what i get, if i could get more selling stuff to taxidermists than to fur market, assuming i catch some critters of course.

Quote:
I was wondering how much lure to put out at a trap, how long should say a 9 oz bottle should last.

a 9 oz bottle should last a couple of seasons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

all I do is take a ragweed stem ( they are hollow) and dip it in the lure bottle, what holds on to the stem is all you need at the set, and relure only after a heavy rain, right before a snow storm or every other week.

if your after K9's then I really suggest you relure right before a snow storm, the snow will cover the set but the smell of the lure will come thru and drive them crazy till they can get to it, which in turns means they hit the pan and are still there in the morning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

theres a bunch of sources for buckets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fast food joints gets condomints in them, most jsut pitch them.

house painters get paint in 5 gallon buckets and they just pitch those also.

if your looking for square buckets, try asking any carpenters you know or anyone with cat that uses kitty litter.

if your looking for those newspaper boxes, theres a company that sells them in the Trapper & Pedator Caller magazine.

hope this helps.

also there might be someone selling some at the NTA in Lima Ohio the weekend of July 30th /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

i've gotta disagree w/ bryan 8

i think the one and three quarter is a better yote trap than the two...
built better...

if youre gonna trap coyote use a no. three montana special
31yotebeav002.jpg

216coy001.jpg

100_3679-1.jpg

anytime is fine...

i keep all my lure in the freezer for the summer... most of the lure you buy has some sort of anti freeze in it...

don't focus on lure... focus on location and sign

you'll catch a lot more critters off good sign and location than lure

Back