How to Post a Video

Javafour

OK gang, I've had a number of guys PM me recently asking how they can embed a video in their post. This is to put the video IN the post where it can be viewed here on PM and not just a link to another site where one has to watch it and then navigate back.

No problem.

First, if you are starting a new thread just go to the "make post" drop down menu box and select the "using HTML and UBB code" option.

If you are replying in an existing thread, do not use the text box that appears when you are reading the thread--it does NOT have the necessary drop down menu. Instead, use the "reply" or "quote" option and you will get a new screen with the necessary menu.

At this point, all you need to do is write whatever text you want and then simply paste the "Embed Code" from the video you want to post.

When you preview your post you should see your video there like a little TV set. If you do not then go back and make sure you were set on "Using HTML and UBB code" because sometimes you can accidentally changed the setting.

Videos can add a lot to a thread and we encourage you to post them. Just remember the usual TOS provisions apply to language, graphic material, etc. so keep that in mind and you'll be good to go! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
"Using HTML and UBB code"

So where do you change this? Mine says HTML is disabled, UBB code is enabled

I tried to follow your instructions but it's snot working
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
Quote:
"Using HTML and UBB code"

So where do you change this? Mine says HTML is disabled, UBB code is enabled

I tried to follow your instructions but it's snot working
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

OK, above the text box you have "post icon" and there are a bunch of icons you can click on.

Below the icons it says "Make Post" and there is a drop down menu arrow on the right. The default says "using UBB Code".

Hit the little arrow and the 3d choice down says "using HTML and UBB Code"--pick that one. This will enable HTML which is what you need to post a video.

Again, you MUST do this after selecting the "reply" or "quote" options. You won't get the drop down menu without choosing one of those.

Quote:
Below the icons it says "Make Post" and there is a drop down menu arrow on the right. The default says "using UBB Code".

Therein lies the problem with some of us. I do NOT have this drop down menu on my NEW POST/QUOTE/REPLY page. I've been trying to figure this out for quite some time and now I know why I haven't been successful. BUMMER!

PostPage.jpg

Thanks Java!!! You sure cleared up this little rash for me! My forehead was beginning to bruise.

I'll patiently await Stu's repairs if possible.

OK, I may have fouled up here.

I assumed everybody had the HTML and UBB ability.

We need to find out from Stu if/how guys can have the HTML enabled. Hopefully that isn't some mod-only deal! It may just be a permissions setting he can change if there isn't a reason I don't know of that it can't or shouldn't be.

Quote:
I dont have that drop down box either.

I do. Don't know if this is a user rights issue or not. Will have to look into it.

Quote:
Apparently I went to bed too early /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mines the same way......no drop box.

HA! Yea, it was a late night for me. I was still wound up from my Tea Party.

It works!!!!!!!

OK I am a happy camper now!! I must have played with it for 2 hours one night trying to figure it out. Come to find out, just wasnt going to get it done with what I had.

Thanks Stu!

Back