Mr. Redfrog Sir? Canadian coyote hunt?

bluebunny

I keep seeing all these posts about calling contests from down in the States and I have to admit, I'm a litle jealous.(Probably not the only one...) Since you outfit and guide I'm wondering if there might be something in the offing or if the regs up here would preclude anything of the sort. Thanks.

I have put together a couple of friendly hunts in the past. Trouble is nonresidents need a licensed guide. We can handle that by having enough AB/Sask guys sign up as guides. Problem comes in because the regs say a guide can't hunt on the same day he guides. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I may take another look at it next season. The two hunts we had here were a lot of fun. there's likely pics and stories here if you do a search for Alberta hunt.

Thanks for the info, I'm hoping if you get something arranged there will be an announcment, I'd be interested. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was thinking of setting one up in the Peace Country, near Peace River. But didn't know where to start, plus was too late in the season to get it going. Redfrog, we should hook up and set something up, up north.

Works for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Send me apm with your phone number and I'll give you a call.

If you guys are considering doing this in 09, let me know, just a matter of throwing cloths in a bag and taking off in the truck (with rifle) I have some spots out here (regina area)but I only have so much space to go out and hunt in. Just throwing it out there.

I don't expect to have another hunt anytime soon. They were fun, but the licensing/guiding laws make it difficult.

Non Residents must be guided by either a resident with a hunter host permit or a licensed guide.
The hunter host for Can non resident is just a matter of gettig it, and both can hunt.
With the licensed guide,the license isn't an issue, but the guide cannot hunt while guiding, so Alberta boys who agree to guide can't hunt while guiding.

Back