HSUS and Carrie Underwood

Redfrog

From another site

"Sportsmen Should Tell ‘American Idol’: No “Home Sweet Home” for HSUS

3/12/09

Sportsmen have been contacting Fox Broadcasting since the release of our action alert yesterday about country music star Carrie Underwood’s rendition of “Home Sweet Home.”

According to Carrie Underwood’s official website and Sony Music’s country label, the song is going to be used each week on the hit television show when a contestant is voted off. The first airing of the song was last night, March 11.

Unfortunately, Underwood has made clear that a portion of the proceeds from subsequent sales of that song will go to benefit the largest anti-hunting organization in the nation, HSUS. This will give HSUS even more money to direct towards hunters, anglers, and trappers nationwide. You can read about this on HSUS website, by clicking here.

“Carrie Underwood has decided to use her talents to benefit an organization dedicated to destroying the rights of thousands of her fans,” said U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance (USSA) senior vice president, Rick Story. “HSUS does not operate or oversee animal shelters; it is a radical organization that seeks to end hunting and other responsible uses of animals in America.”

Story said that sportsmen must send American Idol a strong message that its indirect support of HSUS, is not appreciated.

Sportsmen can make a difference. Companies such as Iams, General Mills, Accor Hotels, Pet Safe, Sears, Meijer Inc, and Ace Hardware ended relationships with HSUS after thousands of sportsmen levied strong protest.

The USSA will keep sportsmen informed of developments on this issue.

Take Action! Sportsmen are urged to contact key personnel at American Idol’s parent company, Fox Broadcasting and demand that Underwood’s song not be given a stage to raise money for HSUS.

Letters should be sent to:

Mr. Peter Liguori
Fox Broadcasting Company
Chairman of Entertainment
10201 West Pico Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90064-2606

Phone calls should be directed to Fox Broadcasting at 310-369-3066.
Faxes should be sent to:310-369-1283.

Also, e-mail the show at askfox@fox.com. Do not use the previous e-mail we sent in the previous action alert, as sportsmen have been receiving an automated e-mail.

I either read or heard on the radio some time ago that she could never kiss a guy that would eat meat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

must be into kissin girls with cherry chapstick? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif... hahaha! I mean that wasn't nice of me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Carrie Underwood is purty.
I just found out she would never kiss me though.I would trick her into kissin me though.And then I would point at her and say "Ha-Ha!" like Nelson off of The Simpsons. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Seriously though I cant beleive she's an Okie and doesnt agree with eating meat or huntin or any of that good stuff.And whats even worse is she's hot and that makes it almost impossible for me to not like her. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

Heheeheheh, I'll keep my commits about Carrie to myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, but I guarrenty you, one night with me an she'll be eating meat and loveing the hunt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Who's Carrie Underwood?

Exactly!

Plus i knew you guys wouldn't share in my joke but I found it very funny! I'd rather laugh alone then not to laugh at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Can you believe Oreilly just named Underwood the "Patriot" tonight for her support of HSUS? I'm so disappointed and disgusted. It ticked me off enough to actually send him an email in attempt to set him straight.

Quote:
must be into kissin girls with cherry chapstick? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif... hahaha! I mean that wasn't nice of me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Theres proof that you take a girl out of the country and she looses her [beeep] MIND! Never met an Oklahoma girl that didn't like to eat meat(red)...shes the first! :rolleyes:
I am off to eastern OK now if I see her I will kick her int he junk. See you in four days! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

She said a long time ago that she could not picture herself with someone who hunts. I think she needs to get out of country music.

Quote:
must be into kissin girls with cherry chapstick?

That could be interesting to see... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Email to Fox sent!

Quote:
She said a long time ago that she could not picture herself with someone who hunts. I think she needs to get out of country music.

I think she would like me if she took the time to get to know me.And dont talk about my future wife like that please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
If she aint singin country music how are we gonna make any money? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Oh wow,I crack myself up sometimes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Quote:
Quote:
must be into kissin girls with cherry chapstick?

That could be interesting to see... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Email to Fox sent!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rattler if you married a woman like that you'd .....umm nevermind I don't think I'm allowed to say it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back