AR15 brass catcher

5spd

Any of you AR owners have or use a brass catcher on your firearm? If so how do you like it. Ive been looking at them, but dont know anyone who has actual experiance with a bag.
Id like to keep my brass together when p-dogging instead of shooting, searching & picking up then moving.
Ive seen brass delfectors, but would rather keep em in a bag for ease of collecting.
Thanks

I have one of the cheap utg bags and it doesn't let the shell fall into the bag.
I am going to have to put a wire frame to hold the bag open, the shells stay in
the first 1" or so of the solid material area. It's fine at the range but I don't want to deal with rolling the gun to the right when out in a dog town.

Quote:
Any of you AR owners have or use a brass catcher on your firearm? If so how do you like it. Ive been looking at them, but dont know anyone who has actual experiance with a bag.
Id like to keep my brass together when p-dogging instead of shooting, searching & picking up then moving.
Ive seen brass delfectors, but would rather keep em in a bag for ease of collecting.
Thanks

I use a large fish net, with the handle shortened. I put some U bolts on my shooting table to stick the handle into. It works great.

Jimmy

I have one that cheaper than dirt sells,for 20.00.Used it Sunday works ok but needs to have something in back to hold it tight.

I also use the minnow net. I tape the handle to the stock so the net is covering the ejection port. It holds around 20 shells and usually catches about 95% of the brass. Looks kinda goofy, but it is cheap, functions great, and is easy to empty!

Quote:
I also use the minnow net. I tape the handle to the stock so the net is covering the ejection port. It holds around 20 shells and usually catches about 95% of the brass. Looks kinda goofy, but it is cheap, functions great, and is easy to empty!

Ahh...never thought of a minnow net, Im a cheap brat and Ill give that a shot...looks make no diff to me, just dont want to look for brass in the tall grass.

I bought one off Ebay... I payed 15 if you check there like 9.00 now. I use it all the time I think it works great. It has Velcro that raps around the float tube. I tweaked the wire a little works fine.

I am now looking at making my own as I have all the tools to do so. After looking at them closer Im sure I can whip 1 or 2 up right quick. Heck its just a zippered bag attached to a wire frame with a velcro wrap.

Back