Anyone reloaded winchester silver brass?

I have some that I reload for the 25-06 and the 243. It os nice but I've found that it streches alot more than brass does. So watch the case length.

Quote:
yes, I love it, stuff never needs tumbled.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif same here

I've noticed that the factory loads the Pi$$ out of them and they are extremely hard to resize the first time, with my Bro's 7mm WSM anyway. But the load I put together for him doesn't seem to strech them anymore then WW super brass.

Just curious how they would be hard on a rifle? I could understand reloading equipment if they resize harder... Am I missing something??

I've reloaded about 40 rounds of it for 12 years in .243 right along with the
rest of my brass. I don't notice any difference. I have heard of the nickel chipping off but have yet to see it. Load tons of it in 45 and 40 with no apparent difference. I like it because it cleans so easy.

Nickle plated brass starts neck splitting sooner than unplated brass cases in my experiance. Wichester is just as bad for that than any other. But it loads up just like anyother case,and it don't pick up dirt and grit like tha plain brass will. And yes you do want to tumble it it polishes up real nice.

I have nickel plated 308 that I first shot in a 308 match rifle, then necked down to 7-08 for silly-wet shooting, then necked back up to 308 again - all of them have been fired ~30 times each - twice annealed, and none have failed or split.

I have loaded plenty of nickel plated brass. Mostly 308 and 270WSM. Not seen a huge difference in anything. Some nickel has flaked off after a while though.......

and those flakes are hard enough to scratch dies and chambers.
2 thin layers of brittle nickel with soft pliable brass in between. it has to eventualy let loose.
nickel brass is good for its intended purpose, thats carrying for years and still be functional, thats why it was first used by professional hunters, in the big stopping cartridges.
I loaded a few WSSM cases awhile back, started to flake on the third loading, it was then trashed.
RR

Back