My mom told me to start reloading for my shot gun.

Paintball gun. I didn't know they hurt so bad till I went out with the two boys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I nailed a neighbors dog a couple times, I guess he either learned that those garbage cans stung, or the owner figured out that his dog wasn't getting painted when he was in his own yard.

GJ, the intent of MOST, not all, folks here is to offer you some sound guidance using a little shock therapy, so to speak. You sound like a decent young man open to good guidance. You're polite, at least, which is more than I can say for many young folks today. It's just that your judgment is not yet as developed as that of a mature adult. That development comes in time and by trial and error through life's experiences.

Don't take my previous comments personally; take them wisely and avoid big problems down the road. Part of becoming an adult is learning to filter through the stupid advice handed to you in life while learning to make good use of the sound advice.

No one here wants to see you tagged with a juvenile crime. We would like to know you made it through your teens unscathed, and that you became a productive, adult member of the Second Amendment and hunting communities. If you get in hot water over a gun offense, that will never happen. You'll be stripped of your rights and you'll be forced to give up something which stirs a great passion in you as a young man; firearms! Think clearly, GJ! Heed the warnings and don't quickly jump at advice that sounds cool. There are tons of guys in prison because they once did something they thought would be cool or fun.

Remember, a criminal record follows you your entire adult life and severely impacts not only your right to own firearms, but it will impact your career opportunities (ability to earn gun money), your political power, your relationships with other people, and many other aspects of life beyond your current ability to understand. Stick with legal hunting and target shooting and keep your guns and rights until they bury you as an old, old man.

Back