new Yodie gun

CoyoteNoob

The onther night I went and bought my first varmit rifle. I had a little gap between my 7mm mag and my .17HMR. I bought a Howa 22-250 Model 1500. Anybody own one or have and input about them??

They are good shooters, but one caveat to pass on if you adjust the trigger you void the warrentee. According to Howa's web sight it can only be adjusted by an authorized gunsmith to not void the warrentee.

My old shooting partner just bought one in 243 and the captive pin that makes the safety work was buggered up and you couldn't put the safety on.

He took the gun apart and while at it adjusted the trigger. When he contacted Howa they wanted to charge him 150 or so bucks for another trigger with the safety because he had adjusted the trigger.

Aside from that BS they are accurate and the trigger can be adjusted for a good trigger pull. They are a well built rifle from what I could see.

I did fix the safety for him when we identified what the problem was so he's up and running with his now, but I thought it was pretty chicken-well you know what I mean. This was an unfired new gun in the box with a broken safety. I do doubt that he will every buy another one though.

I bought the standard action howa/hogue in 22-250 late October 2008. Did you get that action, the 2-in-1 youth, varmint set up? I've not finished developing a load yet, but the rounds that I've put down it indicate that it'll be a shooter. You made a good buy IMO.

Yes Nate this one came with two stocks, a Youth and a standard. It's got a 20 inch light barrel 243 and he's yet to shoot it. We've had a nasty winter here and there's still a foot of snow on our local range. The pin that interacts with the safety was tipped in it's blind hole and stuck out so the safety would not operate.

He's got short arms and the youth stock fits him well. He's also got some terrible shoulder problems and his 7mm Rem mag he's been shooting for 30 years is really starting to hurt him. My bet is he'll use the 243 for deer this coming hunting season.

He said he got it in 22-250??? Anyhow, my bro-in-law got the 2-in-1 howa/hogue package in .243 for his now old enough kid and it shot fairly good for such a light, short barrel package. It was around 1" with factory loads.

From what I was told about howa, is they are the mfg for the Weatherby Vangaurd actions. Made to place in a 1.5" and Howa hold their rifles to do the same.

Back