Leupold VXII - VXIII Question

I have a scope question that I hope all of you could help me out with. I have a new Remington 700 in 30-06 on the way that I am looking for a scope for. My max shooting range would be in the 400 yard range. I am thinking in the 3-9 power range. I am interested in the Leupold VX-II or VX-III. My question is, do the VXII'S or III's have finger adjustments? (ie. I don't want to have to take off the scope cap to make an adjustment) This may be a really stupid question, but I don't currently own a Leupold.

If I can't get a VXII or VXIII that is adjustable I will probably look at a Nikon Monarch. Any help would be appreciated.

Take a look at the VX-II with the long range duplex (LRD) reticle. It has two dots so it doesn't look like someone scribbled all over the lens and they are placed for specific ranges. On my 300 WSM, I have the 2-7 and the dots are just right for 300 and 400 yards and the post is 500 yards. You do have to take the turret cap off to change it but there is no need to. I don't have a monstrous scope on a hunting rifle that way and being smaller, it is less apt to get knocked out of whack. (still not sure how big a whack is but they have been around for years so it must be a legitimate engineering unit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Back