The Everything AR Info Thread

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I have an idea the link to this thread may become the most popular thing posted on PM.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Here's a couple more.....
build instructions w/pics

field stripping/cleaning

Last edited:
Quote:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I have an idea the link to this thread may become the most popular thing posted on PM.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Here's a couple more.....
build instructions w/pics

field stripping/cleaning

Fantastic!

I'll move these up there right now

Thanks

Quote:
Thank you for doing this.

That was a lot of time consuming work!

It was alot of work and I will always add to it. It has shown to be worth the effort.

Yesterday was the 7 day mark since I originally posted the thread. It had over 1000 hits, its been getting at least 150/200 hits a day. So someone is reading it, hopefully finding what they need too.

Every thing I needed to know about AR's and then some. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I just picked up my first AR and have a lot to learn. Thanks

anything about all the calibers possible with an AR???...obviously .223,.308 (and it's metric brother ), 5.56 ,.204 but i've also heard about .22 fireball/hornets??? .22 rimfires???....but what are ALL the options out there as of today????

maybe a link to some of the newer options???

*edit* just saw one for the .17 hm2 as well

Last edited:
big,
You link them here for me and I will put them on the top page. Maybe under a new header titled

AR's different calibers?

This is exactly why PM is such a unique and valuable forum. Furhunter WAY TO GO! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Initiative and execution. If only there was one in D.C. Sorry, I digress.

Thank you for taking time to save so many of us time. I have learned from this and will continue to learn from it.

olympics list of conversions :http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=12&Itemid=37&vmcchk=1&Itemid=37

50 caliber conversion:http://www.ferret50.com/ferret50_conversion.html

223,243 and 25 WSSM, 204 and .17 remington:http://www.accuracysystemsinc.com/ar15_conversion.php

these are a few and i hope they help ...i had no idea there were this many options out there and im sure there are more...im gonna search some more tomorrow and see what i can find....i think im gonna build me a .17 remington /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

WOW! My wife is going to hate this page, it's going to take me DAYS to read it all....

I don't know where one would look, but some links to the wssm calibers that come from DTech, Olympic, etc., might be a good addition. (As if you haven't spent enough time already!)

Thanks for the info!

I want to build an AR in 6.8 from the ground up where is a good place to order uppers and lowers also looking for a barrel in 11" to 14".

thanks

Quote:
I want to build an AR in 6.8 from the ground up where is a good place to order uppers and lowers also looking for a barrel in 11" to 14".

thanks

Contact "D-Tech" he's a member here on PM. He builds a heck of a rifle.

Thanks But i want to build it. I just want to find a good place to get every thing for a 6.8. I have built 1 in 5.56 just wanting to know where i cant get them.

thanks

Are all these calibers compatable with an AR-15 lower??
I got this list from ar15.com but i trust ya'll a lot more.

.20 Practical
22LR
5.45x39
.222 Remington
.223 Remington
WSSM .223
WSSM .243
6x45mm
WSSM .25
6.5mm Grendel
6.8 Remington SPC
7mm TCU