ghillie project DIY generation 2

sendit223

Here's the second attempt. I got a cheap camo top and had this netting laying around. I layed it out and cut the netting to fit.

IMG_5069.jpg

Then I tacked the netting down with upholstery thread (keeping the dental floss for my tooth). Next I cut the camo fleece into strips. First used 16 inch by 2 inch strips, but that doesn't work very well (not enough shadows). 8-10 inch by 1 inch works better. Bent them in half, pushed the loop through the net, and pulled the ends on through via the usual technique.

Here is the 1/2 finished jacket.

IMG_5192.jpg

2 observations: it will be warm (hot) and quiet. Also as stated in the other thread it will no doubt pick up every sticker in the land, but whatever. I seem to do that on my own already. I'll post a photo once I'm done with it and the hood.

I was just thinking if you were in a white out condition like we are in Iowa right now. Maybe if you misted it with a spray bottle and stomped it into the snow. I bet it would pick up alot of the snow and be multi-seasonal. ????

That might work!

Just talked to a friend in Michigan and he gave me the story. 18" on the ground and a foot on the way?! And cold too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Midwest = hearty.

I bought a cheap suit that is the string meterial. Then I was at my hunting spot I layed it down on dry leaves. Of course when I picked it up, ten million leaves stuck to it. But I said to myself, Self why not?, more como. I looked around to be sure nothing or nobody was looking, got suited-up and rolled around on the leaves. That was como!! The crows were all around the e-caller and decoy that was twenty feet away.My back was open to a field that was in plain view of crows, did not up-set them. Only one problem, I was hunting coyote in super thick stuff with tunnels. Good hunting!!!

Back