Home made Decoy's

GrizzlyAdams

Im looken for what any body else has done as far as home made decoy's weather it be as simple as a stuffed animal/piece of fur that you have some how rigged to move, or something like the weasle ball on varmental.

the cheaper the better as the wife's already not too happy that i found another quarry that has no season or bag limit. so allocating fundage for this might take some work

yeah i saw the "wango dango wingo" thing or what ever the guy called it that he made and posted yesterday i think. now i just need to find some feathers.

I dug around the garage and found two different sized arrows. Broke the knock off the larger arrow so it would have a sharper point to stick into the ground. On the other end I cut it off right behind the insert. Now I can slide the smaller diameter arrow inside the larger diameter arrow. You might need to add a few wraps of electrical tape on the shaft of the smaller arrow to make it fit snug inside the larger arrow. Attached some fishing line and a few swivels onto the knock of the smaller arrow. Then attached two turkey feathers in opposite directions to the string. We don't get as much wind here so it helps it move with the lightest of breeze better. Now depending on the height of the grass I'm hunting in, I can adjust the height of the feathers by sliding the smaller arrow in or out of the larger once when it's stuck in the ground.

here mine, not fancy but it was free. red fox tail on a spring, jiggle the fishing reel for a little movement.
SL731803.jpg

I made a decoy using the rear end and guts out of a small RC car. I found a plastic bird at a flea market that was hollow inside. Then I took an exacto knife heated up the blade and cut the plastic bird into halfs. Next I drilled two small holes into the sides of the bird. I pulled the wheels off of the car axles and stuck them through the holes. Stuffed the car guts inside and glued the 2 halves together. Next I got some thin foam sheets from the craft section a wal-mart and fashioned some wings. I attached the wings to the axle shafts of the car . Used some more glue and a few feathers to decorate it alittle more and ad a realistic look.

I use a Smartykat loco-motion cat toy from Target it cost about $15.00 . I put a few colored mara-boo feathers for a better visual apeal.

Back