predator pile

ganoo

has anybody tried this new attractant that simulates a gut pile or harvested animal in a bag?It is edible and smells like fresh gut pile. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

If I remember right Cabelas carries it and you can read feedback on it..believe most people said it was a good thing.

It attracts new predator hunters money. At about 15 dollars a pound you could buy 30 pounds of butchers scrap and really have something predators might visit. Might even be able to get it for free. Or find a road killed deer.

Last edited:
Quote:
It attracts new predator hunters money. At about 15 dollars a pound you could buy 30 pounds of butchers scrap and really have something predators might visit. Might even be able to get it for free. Or find a road killed deer.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The 1st thing I said to myself when I saw that in Crumbelas catalog a while ago....Only a sucker would buy something like that!!! You could buy a lb of hamburger for $1.40 & get the same results.

Maybe work as a trapping lure! Really a gimmick--if a person has to rely on that to bring 'em to the call, they need to rethink how they are doing it!

Regards,
Tim

Not every predator hunter is a caller. Baiting can be very effective. I doubt that a pile of burger or trimmings from a butcher are gonna smell like a gut pile. You could go to the slaughter house or find a road kill but for most of us that is not always available and who wants to drag that around anyway. If it is convenient to carry a one pound resealable bag that smells like a entire pile of guts I would say try it. We can all catch a fish with worms from our yard but most of us go and buy the stink bait and lures. Same same here.

Quote:
Not every predator hunter is a caller. Baiting can be very effective. I doubt that a pile of burger or trimmings from a butcher are gonna smell like a gut pile. You could go to the slaughter house or find a road kill but for most of us that is not always available and who wants to drag that around anyway. If it is convenient to carry a one pound resealable bag that smells like a entire pile of guts I would say try it. We can all catch a fish with worms from our yard but most of us go and buy the stink bait and lures. Same same here.

im not saying im going to buy this stuff just because i kinda think its a gas, but this guy does have a point, it may work for someone, it may not for others...each to his own i guess

Save your folgers cans throughout the year, wait till calving season and save all the afterbirth you can. I dont know a cattle rancher that would give to *&^%'s if you took it. You can freeze it for future use or just keep it cold if you know you are gunna use it soon. There isnt an attractant made or a gutpile that will work as well as the old beef placenta. Ive never used it calling, just as a bait. As for the Cabelas stuff, I think it could bring them a little closer when they swing downwind. If they hear a rabbit, I would think they wanna smell a rabbit...... go kill a rabbit.

$0.02

Quote:
So far, no one on this forum says that they have used it, only why they think they may or may not use it.

That question says volumes. Anyone with some experience can see little or no reason to even try it for hunting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I could see it for trapping but there much better attractants for less money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Save your folgers cans throughout the year, wait till calving season and save all the afterbirth you can. I dont know a cattle rancher that would give to *&^%'s if you took it. You can freeze it for future use or just keep it cold if you know you are gunna use it soon. There isnt an attractant made or a gutpile that will work as well as the old beef placenta. Ive never used it calling, just as a bait. As for the Cabelas stuff, I think it could bring them a little closer when they swing downwind. If they hear a rabbit, I would think they wanna smell a rabbit...... go kill a rabbit.

$0.02

Its sounds good but not practical for everyone. I know I dont have enough room in my freezer for cans of placenta. EWWW. As far as coyotes wanting to smell rabbit I dont know. I have seen a coyote coming to a rabbit in distress sound and seeing a woodpecker decoy. I dont think they really think that way. I think if it sounds like food, looks small enough to be food, and smells like food...its food.

I tried it, Gave me heartburn and the runs. Seriously a friend of mine up north went out and bought a bag of it just for the entertainment and smeared it on his meatcicle loke sheese on a cracker. He said he would give some reports but havnt heard any yet.

What it will attract in this state is, a game cop, who with a smile on his face, will remove all of your firearms, your hunting lic. for several years, and your truck and atv.

I would think that learning how to call, would be a h*ll of a lot cheaper. blue

The problem with the stuff mentioned above is you will have to put some out in a area and then the coyote has to find it. Once found if the coyote or coyotes like it, it will be gone in one nite unless you can afford to put out a very large pile of it. Youre best bet wouldbe to hunt off of a deer carcass or go to a cattle auction and buy up an old cow and put her where you want, and she will out last the stuff mentioned above.. But i personaly thinks its a waste of time...

OK, I admit it. I'm a sucker. I bought a bag of Predator Pile. The name half says it all-it's a pile all right. Didn't work at all. Save your $$ it does not work.

i put out a deer carcuss that wasnt fit to process and i got about 1200 pictures in 5 days on my trail cam of the fattest coons i have ever seen in my life. and 1 inmature bald eagle.

Back