Catnip

bigdog1

I was wondering if catnip would do anything for bobcats or if anyone has tried this. I was screwing around with one of my house cats and catnip and he just went crazy. I sprayed it in another room and the cat just went searching for it. Was wondering if it might be a scent that might work to bring BC in closer. Going out later when my daughter gets home for school, and we'll see what it can do.

John

Might try posing this question in the trapping/fur handling forum. If I remember correctly (used to run a trapline as a kid 25yrs ago) there used to be some cat lures based on catnip. I'm sure one of the old time trappers could fill you in.

We used to mess around w/ the farm cats and catnip. Some seemed to care less about the stuff while others just got PLUMB STUPID from it.

i was actually looking at a big thing of it last night at the feed store. i was wondering if any one had tried this also. I saw a prog on jaguars in south amreican and they filmed for mounths and set up remote game cams the whole bit. no luck the whole time then they put out cat nip in front of one and it worked. had the cat rolling in it and the whole deal. my self i have never tried it.

An old trapper showed me a trick with it. Tack a piece of carpet to a tree or fencepost also with a few carpet tacks pointing outwards through the carpet. Spray it all down with catnip and the outward pointing tips of the carpet tacks with hold the hair from bobcats as they rub on it to show you they are present in the area.

At first I thought you were talking about the Primos Catnip Call , it too is very innovative and it works. It is a variable pitch call(bite type) which can really make alot of different sounds, all the way from rodent sounds to cow elk.

Back