Savage Pred./ Need some Advise

DeathPenalty- I guess maybe I started on the wrong end? If I go to the ladder method, what O.A.L. should I start with ,or does it really matter? Maybe .020 to start?

Pyscodog

Two things on my predator.Stock was junk.If you hadnt already,do the dollar bill test with the gun on you shooting rest,see if it clears all the way down,if you use a mounted bi-pod,do the same thing,I had to rework the whole stock,not just one place.Secound make sure the factory bases are tight.Mine were loose and like a dummy I checked them last.Now I am happy with the groups.

My savage FP10 with a 1-9 twist loves 50 gr vmax in front of 28 grs 748, 1/2" all day long at 100 yds.
Even tighter with 27.5 gr varget with a 50 gr bullet.

Yottee- I did check the stock, had to open it up. When it was on the rest, it touched all the way down the left side. I agree, the stock seems to be a P.O.S. You would think for the $$$ spent, it would have a better stock. I'm thinking of bedding it, just have not figured out quite how to at this time. With no recoil lug pocket, it could be a might tricky. I have'nt checked the scope bases yet (duh), they seemed full of something, but will do that this evening. Hope it could be something that simple. Any way thanks for the tips and thank the rest of you for your suggestions.

Pyscodog

Back