New idea for decoy

LJJIM

So I spent a few hrs. in the walmart and target toy isles looking for some new toys that could maybe be used for a decoy. I think i might have found an interesting one that with a little tweaking could work out sweet.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3145305

The happy twist and turns that the pup makes looks an awful lot like a rabbit writhing in pain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The motion is a little slow, and I dont know how one could elevate it to make it visible but it has the right look.

Heres a video of the toy in action

They sell for 40 bucks most places but ebay has some for pretty cheap.

Dunno how a guy could rig it to stay on constant motion since its touch activated, but im sure someone that knows electronics could figure it out.

Check it out and lemme know what you think, any ideas on how to make this guy work would be awesome!

Anyone know where I can get a "T-Rex" distress sound?????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was only half way joking with that post. My boys have one of these and I've considered "skinning" it to see what underneath. Using it as a decoy is what got me thinking along those lines. They probably wouldn't be too hapy with me though.

peace.
unloaded

My kid got one of those for Christmas (the dog) you have to pet it or push its paw to get it to move so I think it would just sit there and do nothing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Well, I ordered one of the SmartyKats from WalMart and it's supposed to be in next week. Now, if I can con Sly into looking into some modifications, the thing will probably do the Hula and scream like a banshee! LOL !

I'll keep ya'll posted.

ThJudg (Roger)

EVERYTIME You spend a dime in "Toys_R-us you are making a contribution to SARA BRADY and Bunny Huggers of America. You can give to gun ban groups if you want but they won't get a penny of my money. I either buy someplace else,make it myself or do with out before I do any business with Commies-r-us. Just my soapbox rant for the month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

Ok, I picked up my SmartyKat toy from Wally World today, and I think it will work fine. In the video above you can see that there are three buttons on the base unit. The one on the right is on/off, the one on the left is a timer that can be set to run continually for 15 minutes to 2 hours, and the one in the middle controls the speed of the movement. I tell you one thing, when you turn that speed control all the way up, that thing goes crazy! I would say that about 1/4 of the way will be about right. I'm anxious to try it out and I will let ya'll know how it works.

ThJudg (Roger)

Back