first turkey

YoungDogger45

what did you shoot it with and how big.I've shot two both with my bowfirst one was at 20 yards it weighed 17 L.B.s it had 4 beards on it 3 5.5 5,5 10 in. and i got one this year it had a 2.5 inch beard both with my bow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The first and biggest one I killed was with my Remington 870 20 Gauge using 3" #4 shot at 15 yards.It weighed 20 pounds,had a 9" beard and 1" spurs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

My first bird was killed with a Mossberg 835 Ulti Mag shooting 3 1/2 Winchester #4 turkey loads. By far not the biggest ive killed but it weighed in at a little over 23 lbs and sporting a 7 1/2 inch beard and 3/4 inch spurs.

Mine was 43lbs. got him with a hatchet. Sneaked up behind him and just took that old head off. I think I was about 12 inches away or so. Oh you mean wild tukey. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Got one down in TN two years ago 25.75lbs with a 8" beard. Was disapointed with the spurs about .75". Rolled him at 28 yds. with the Mossy 535. Man I love that gun.

Back