SOUTHERN OHIO HUNTERS Speak up Please

HOLE_PUNCHER

Brand new tho these forums,and they have very informative and enjoyable,Thanks to all who put in the time to keep all the CHAOS up and going.First of all im just getting into predator hunting.Ilove putting down Gobblers in the spring and I dont hunt deer much anymore and Yotes are gettin really thick in my neck of the woods so newbie i be and really looking forward too it.Ive taken a couple Yotes here and there but never by calling just happenstance basicly,they were in the wrong place and the 22-250 has a worse bite than they do,so now im looking too gettin started in the actual"GAME" of things and see if I enjoy it as much as Turkey season!PLUS THEYRE KILLING OF ALL THE BIRDS!!! LOL any input from folks here would be helpful and by the way I am from Chillicothe in case any folks are close by give me a Yell!

How many acres do you have available to hunt?

Reason I ask is, I'd travel to Chillicothe for a day's hunt and help you out.

JD

WELCOME /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Alright, another fellow Chillicothian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Where abouts you live and what is your name?
I live on the north end, right outside of town..for now.

I can try and get a hunt lined up here pretty quick here around chilli maybe down in vinton possible too,I also have family property down below athens but I havent been down there too see if theres any howlers down there but ill look into it.Ill make a few calls around here too try and see where our better chances are around the areas I can get permission too hunt..Thanks looking foward too it,By the way you guys normally hunt day or night.

New here also, and looking for people to meet and places to hunt. I am in southern Ohio, Minford/Wheelersburg area. I used to live around Chillicothe and have access to areas up there. I have access to places in the southern portions also. Do you live east or west of town.

Sam

I live on the southeastern outskirts on old 35 out past the old schoolhouse resturaunt,Just after the first hole in the wall as they are called going towards richmondale from Chilli.

obviously close to the sawmill if im correct RN.So happens I just seen a yote down in the bottoms near watson and 35 intersection bout a week ago.Not sure whos fields those are but those bottoms would be nice to get into,Ive got River bottoms directly across from my house across fields and a couple draw and I know that Perry farms theses uppers but havent asked who runs the bottoms..Hopefully I can work in some time down in there.

Just wanted to let yal folks know there is suppose too be yote "drive"in tarlton ohio near chillicothe shotguns only not sure on the specifics but I heard about it last night at work,This weekend i believe.But not certain sorry for short notice and lack of info.Not really sure if Id be interested in "Driving"for yotes anyhow,But theres the info You may be able too get on local radio station website WKKJ.com chillicothe and find out more thats where I heard it at.I myself dont much care for driving anything way too much of a risk increase in my opinion.Same goes for deer drives I exclude myself from those also but too each their own.

HEY HOLE PUNCHER I GROW UP AROUND TRIPPIES AND STILL YOTE HUNT UP THERE ALL AROUND WHERE YOU ARE TALKING THERE ARE SOME YOTES IN THERE........ A GUY ON HIGBY OWNS THAT ON WATSON ......... RICK

yote drives... thats awesome.. my wife's father used to pastor a church in tarlton for years... i know that area pretty well... i was just through there about a month ago when i went to pick up the new ar....

i think its about time for an ohio get together isnt it... wheres some good ground a group of guys could get together and do some hunting... time to get out the maps..

Hay yotesack hows it going have not heard from you in awhile have you talked to Thisbucks4u lately,I'm up for another day of hunting keep me posted will check back and see if there is any progress.

I'm staying out of the Tarlton Coyote drive. It gets a little too crowded for me. They all load up in trailers and drive around. Plus, I've never really heard of them doing any good. One dog with many holes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
We all do need to get together sometime.

Nightwatchman, you should have called when you were up. We could have got together for a burger or something. If you came by Chillicothe, you drove right past my house.

222shooter, How ya been Buddy? Haven't heard much from you. Done any good yet?

JD I dont know if Hole Puncher ever took up the World Champion howlers offer to help him out but your sure [beeep] welcome to drive down to Ga and hunt !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Jeb

By all means im working on taking him up on the offer and everyone else too,I just spoke too one of the Farm owners on the river bottoms to get down in there and thats a go for whenever,and I can come up with a couple few more areas of size we should be able to hit if the bottoms dont pan out.Now we just need to get a time frame worked out..Sounds Like I got somethin stirred up here lets have it and see what turns up!

Back