Nikon Coyote Scope

Gary_Roberson

As most of you know, I have been working with Nikon to produce a scope specifically dedicated to the sport of predator calling. I was informed that I will have one of the prototypes in my hands by year end. This is a very exciting project and one that if it works as I think, will change the game.

I look forward to checking that scope out, Gary.

It's about time we had a dedicated scope for coyote hunting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

will you write a comprehensive review from your standpoint & please explain all the features & why they were incorporated into the scope.

It ought to be a hit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Barry

Just so happens.......I need a new scope right about now..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looking forward to the release. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Hey Gary!

That is great news! I just put a Nikon ProStaff 3x9 on my crossbow, not the perfect scope for that purpose but far better than the 4 power that was on it...
Maybe you could drop a hint about a crossbow scope as well with the BDC reticle expanded!

As you can clearly see by my screen name I love my Nikons! Cameras and scopes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Partners,
Nikon has asked me to keep the particulars of this scope under wraps until Shot Show. I will be glad to give you the particulars about that time, IF the scope performs in the field as well as it does in theory. If it does not, I am going to act as though we never had this conversation!
Adios,
Gary

I'll see you (and hopefully the scope) at the shot show. No secrets then, my friend... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
I'm hoping it goes as low as 4x and has some type of illuninated dot for us Eastern night hunters.

I like that small illuminated dot some manufactures are using. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I don't know what they have in mind, but I sure know what I would like to see. I would like it to be a user friendly scope for AR-15 rifles. Meaning 4" of eye relief, a power range from 2X or 2.5X to 10X, with a 40mm to 50mm bell. A dot reticle (not any itty bitty micro sized dot either) with the option for a lighted dot would be nice. Lightweight and relatively compact would be unique and appreciated as well. That means 12" or shorter. Of course the finish would at the very least need to be matte and a couple different camo options would make it even better. No need for target height turrets, AO's, or extra long tubes. Speaking of tubes an option for 30mm wouldn't hurt my feelings either. In short, I want the brighest, sharpest, lightweight, most compact scope I can find. I want the low magnification for those close moving shots and the 10X for those buggers that hang up out there 250 to 400 yards. The technology is there and some scopes come close, but as of yet, I haven't found what I consider to be a great coyote hunting scope yet.

Quote:
I'm hoping it goes as low as 4x and has some type of illuninated dot for us Eastern night hunters.

. I would like to see 3x at the bottom end or even 2x . ..A 2-10 x 40mm would be great , with the circles , but also some of the christ mas tree lines for running predators or wind ......And a very faint illumination so it doesn,t over power the fov ..

Gary..now I know what that ole Yote out there feels like when he first hears that squeelin' rabbit!
Your mention of a "new preditor scope" has us all druelling with our ears perked up on "high alert" now just hit us with some follow up squeeks of info & pics on a cool scope and we will all circle down wind to check it out.

The hungryest one of us will run in & check it out...if they like it & survive, we will all come running to share in the goodies.

Cant wait to see how this thing turns out!

All the guys in the EAST that hunt at NIGHT would love for it to have as much light gathering capability as possible. We all look forward to taking a look at it when it comes out. I will be watching for further posts. Thanks for the Info

Quote:
Partners,
Nikon has asked me to keep the particulars of this scope under wraps until Shot Show. I will be glad to give you the particulars about that time, IF the scope performs in the field as well as it does in theory. If it does not, I am going to act as though we never had this conversation!
Adios,
Gary

Well it's Shot Show time lets hear about this new scope?

I mean to go see Gary & the new scope while I'm here at ShotShow....

I don't think I even made it into that half of the building yesterday. Big Place....over 1800 exhibitors this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW I'm taking pics of all the PM sponsors that have booths here, & will do write up on the event. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Barry

rockinbbar. let us know. if you get a chance swing by the Europear American Armory booth and check out that pistol caliber carbine that looks like a Beretta Storm, see what the spec's are.

thank's

Back