Question for Rob Carnahan

d2admin

Administrator
Hey Rob--have you had a chance yet to field test your Nady ecaller system? If so, how about giving us a report? Thanks!

I took it out late last week. I placed it 40 yards cross wind and started playing. It sounded as good as I could have hoped for. After about 5 minutes I was just about to pay myself on the back when I heard a loud humming/static/gurgling sound coming from my speaker. So I packed up and went to another spot. The same thing happened.

I am trying to figure out what is wrong but I promised my wife that I was done messing with "that thing" last week. It was easy to build but solving this problem may be difficult for someone without much electronic know how.

I decided that it is not the amp or speaker. I think the the antenna is picking up some interference or maybe I got sloppy with the soldering iron when i soldered the antenna wire to the pc board and screwed up my nady.

The design is sound but it might be simpler to use the factory antenna. I will try to solve the problem and hopefully post a satisfactory result of a field trial. If anyone has a suggestion to this problem I am all ears.

Rob

Back