How did you get your screen name ??

Hidalgo

I'm sure this has probably been done before, but.....

Where did your screen name come from? If you would prefer not to go into specifics, that's OK too.

Since I'm starting this......

My wife's first true love is horses. She's said on more than one occasion that a truly good horse is worth more than any man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Her favorite movie of all time is "Hidalgo", starring Viggo Mortensen. Since I'm a fan of Mortensen, the name "Hidalgo" just seemed to be right at the time. I've carried it to several other boards over the last few years, and never found it used anywhere else.

FWIW, Hidalgo was a Mustang belonging to a real-life gentleman named Frank Hopkins, a renowned long-distance rider and Mustang lover. Hidalgo was his favorite steed, and Hopkins remarked that since they communicated so well, he thought they were once brothers in another life. He regularly referred to the horse as "Little Brother".

So what's your story? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

canislatrans54...

Canis Latrans, the latin term:
I use because I've been obsessed with coyotes/coyote hunting all my life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
54:
I added this because I've been obsessed with 1954 Chevy pickups/cars/panels/ect. since the summer of '83. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
As a high school grad gift, my Grandad "gave" me a '54 Chevy 1/2 ton because I thought I wanted to build a hot rod. At 18 years old, I didn't realize how hard it would be for me to come up with the cash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif...especially while arguing tooth/nail w/my Dad & my 2 ex-wives over whether to spend money on the truck or money on bills. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Needless to say, that truck never got finished & went to someone else's home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif
However, my dream of building a "Redneck Hot Rod" 1954 Chevy pickup hasn't died. It's just been in storage until the proper time comes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

There were 3 of us out duck hunting years ago and in the late morning the shooting was dying down, after a long wait a single goose came flying down out in the middle of the river about 80 yrds out, when the 2 guys with me had emptied their 12 ga shotguns I let one loose with the 10 ga and dumped it. I turned to them and said "Sorry boys big 10 gauge" and it kinda stuck after that.

My name is simple also L is for LAND,B is for BETWEEN , L is for LAKES its the NATIONAL FOREST I spend a lot of time at, hunting ,fishing ,mtn. biking, hiking.

Mine came from my gaming career.
basically we use a formula to create a cool name.

first you take a noun. dosent matter what it is, as long as u think its cool. I cant really remember how i got Slot but its what i used.

then take a cool adjective that will describe the noun. again i picked Hardcore.

this one just stuck.

Way back when the internet was new, I purchased the domain www.hyperwrx.com. Since then I have used Hyperwrx on most forums I use. It's not hyperWRX as in the Subaru model of vehicle, but another way of spelling Hyperworks.

I used to be a 'little inventive' when I was in police work and come up with ideas and approaches that weren't always approved ahead of time by the administration...but they were legal and usually worked..

When I was in Crime Prevention, my police chief made a remark that I was like the Turtle and only got somewhere when I stuck my neck out....

Since I've retired and done a lot of 'off the wall' things and still survived, the term "Old" just seemed to fit... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

First really big event I responded to, when we got back to the station the Chief asked me for a description. I said it was a "big ole fire" hence Bofire. yup I catch flak for it but not too much as I am senior in our station now. LOL
Carl

The best varmint caliber there is.....220 Swift! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

At least for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Im a helicopter pilot (well kinda for those that know the story /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif) and my initials are TM

My scout platoon was trying to come up with a hollywood name to use on the radio and I suggested Rengades. they took it and I've been a renegade every since.
My call sign in Iraq was Renegade7. I was the scout platoon sergeant and I truly earned the handle renegade. I don't play well with others who are trying to harm my boys or put my boys in harm way needlessly.

When I first started calling I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside let alone a coyote. Maybe i'll hit em, maybe I won't. It's a crapshoot.

Things have improved greatly since then but i still miss my fair share.

Quote:
You may have to sit down for this, it gets rather confusing rather quickly.....its my name.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Tommy...thanks for clearing that up for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hope you're doing well and staying safe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back