trying to find a post....

HardcoreSlot

hey fellas, if this is not appropriate then feel free to delete

Wasent there a thread recently that says we shouldnt accept the new gold dollar coins as change because "In God We Trust" isnt printed on em?

ok i found it, it was actually a e-mail i got.
here it is

"DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEW DOLLAR COINS AS CHANGE! ----- THE SWITCH HAS BEGUN
Please help do this ... refuse to accept these when they are handed back to you. I received one from the Post Office as change and I asked for a dollar bill instead. The lady just smiled and said, 'Way to go,' so she had read this e-mail. Please help out.Our world is in enough trouble without this too!U.S. Government to Release New Dollar Coins You guessed it -- IN GOD WE TRUST' IS GONE! If ever there was a reason to boycott something, THIS IS IT!
DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEW DOLLAR COINS AS CHANGE Together we can force them out of circulation. Please Send to all on your mail list...

Chad L. Marett
BHS Science
(864)-839-6371"

this guy is a dummy. cuz its printed along the outside edge of the coin, lol

Last edited:
Yeah, exactly, that is a false email because--as you pointed out--it is actually written on the edge of the coin along with "E Pluribus Unum." There were a small number on one run that were put into circulation with a defect which caused them to have smooth edges, but the coin as designed and properly minted still has both the motto and seal on the edge.

Now that Obama is coming in, I'm sure it is just a matter of time before that happens, though, and "under God" is removed from the Pledge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Quote:
Now that Obama is coming in, I'm sure it is just a matter of time before that happens, though, and "under God" is removed from the Pledge.

But it will Be replaced with Under Obama. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Back