Another Remote E-Caller Option

Seams like some people are having problems with noise using the RS Wireless Mic set up. I have made several of these wireless e-callers and the only time I have had noise problems is when the batteries are getting low. If you are using a mp3 player or any other unit that is a stereo unit you may have to us a stereo phone plug instead of a mono phone plug to connect the transmitter to your player. I have always used a mono cassette player/recorder. I hope this helps.

Good Hunting,
Jim

------------------

Im having trouble with the volume on my RS wireless setup Iwent by MO HUNTERS schematics that are posted here Im only getting about 1/3 of the vol. with everything turned all the way up ... it works great with just the player/amp and the speaker.. any sugestions...

motnusa

I was gonna post pics of the unit I ended up with, but Mine looks Just like yours.

Apparently great minds think alike.

Thaks to all who posted on this idea never would have come up with all this on my own.

"Neccessity is the mother of invention"

Apparently this is all too true

------------------
"When you get em in the sights drop the hammer"

Camo Red,
I had a low volume on mine at first when I used a mono cord on the line between the reciever and the amp. I have a mono RCA to stereo 1/8' female adapter with a stereo patch cord to the amp, it's worked fine ever since for me. I'm also using a stereo 1/8" male connector on the mic line of the transmitter.

------------------
Motnusa
"Living Life Tooth, Fang and Claw"

redbone

No I'm still getting so much static if I turn up the volume even a little..to be honest for now I"ve gone back to the amp ,wire and speaker set up....I figgure if I can hear the static at 50 yeards then the coyotes can to..been reading some of the other replys soI may try some of them...

Blacksmith

Blacksmith,
thanks for letting me know.I was out trying again today.As soon as I turn the
transmitter on the static is bad,sounds like a radio station that won't quite come in.

redbone1,
I think you have a bad soldered connection somewhere. Try this: with everything turned on move the wire between your player and the transmitter around. If the noise changes your problem is in these connections. If there was no change in noise next move the wire between the amp and the receiver around. A poor soldered connection will cause noise and poor performance. Also if you are using a mp3 player the headphone outlet is stereo, check to see what type of connector you used to connect to your mp3 player. May need to be a 1/8" stereo phone plug.

------------------

[This message has been edited by GrumpyJim (edited 02-28-2002).]

If anyone is still looking for a power supply I am going to try this: A 12V 2.2Ah sealed lead acid battery. This battery is lighweight but I am not quite sure how I will charge it. It will fix perfectly in my box with the remote. I am still trying to find the time to build my remote, but when I do I will include a picture. Wish me luck. Here is the link if anyone is interested. I am not sure if the link will work so just copy and put in the address bar.
http://www.batteries.com/productprofile....ead+Acid&groupc ode=SLA&SID=23A3812C5FE24437890785B3575F31A1

Grumpyjim,
Thanks for the ideas.I rechecked all
connections,and already using stereo plug
from mp3.Even without the player plugged in
I get static if I'm more than 10' away with the trandmitter on.
redbone

redbone,
If you are getting static without the player plugged in to the transmitter somewhere you have got the two wires going to the transmitter touching each other. With out the player plugged in it should be an open link and not generate any noise at all. Check you soldered joint on the transmiter, these wire are very small and may be touching or you may have some solder from one wire touching the other wire or solder.
I hope this will help.
Jim

------------------

might be worth a shot.try taking your unit out of the house and in the feild to test it.
I went just in back of the house and could hear a scanner going off in the speaker.Even in the house by the computer it was giving the transmitter problem's.This little transmitter bounces of everything.If you'll look at the back of the tran's and on the belt clip it say's alittle about it.Oh a line out jack on a player. Other than an mp3 player make's a good diffrence too.
just a thought!

HC.

[This message has been edited by high_country (edited 03-01-2002).]

[This message has been edited by high_country (edited 03-01-2002).]

Well, I put my Azden up on ebay after trying this. Works great. I used a rca plug for the output to the amp and just fooled with everything before making any permanent alterations to the equipment. I still have the old Azden to amp cord and figure to just carry it in case I have a battery failure. I have a lead acid battery on order to power the receiver; however, the receiver works fine with the line cord or the 8 pack AA connectors. They had connectors at RS for hook up using the AA battery pack. Works fine. Also, RS has a charger for the 12 volt lead acid battery. $14.95 at my local store. Thanks, made $45 on the Azden unit selling it on ebay and this seems to work fine. Waiting for a gun guard pistol case to put it all in.

well I've tried everything twice with no luck.Maybe I have a faulty unit.beings I cut the mic off,can't return it.I guess if nobody else is having problems I'll buy another one and try it.
Thanks,
Redbone

[This message has been edited by redbone1 (edited 03-02-2002).]

Batteries - Just noticed that people are using the larger battery packs. The person that was planning on using the 12V 2.2 AH battery will find that they will have dismal battery life. I looked at the NiMH AA rechargable batteries - they are rated at 1.3 - 1.6 AH; stuff 8 of these into the RS battery holders, and you should have excellent battery life and be able to recharge when needed. They also seem to be less affected by the cold than the lead acid batteries.

I am planning to package the amplifier and the remote receiver in a project box under the RS speaker. I will use a double pole switch to control the 9V and 12V battery power to the units. Batteries will be velcro'd in position inside of the box, and I think that I will have room to get everything in - will find out this weekend.

Anyone have a schematic with parts list that they can forward to me?......r.popek@comcast.net

ralphl, evidently the Rs wireless mic setup was more to your liking. Can you tell me why? Have thought of getting an Azden, but if the Rs outperforms the Azden, I may think twice. I am just curious. Steve

Need some help - things are not working out as expected, and don't know if this is normal!!

In testing the system (RS wireless mic + RS mini-amp) prior to hacking things up, I find that fully turning up volume on receiver will allow only slight amplifier use before LOUD SQUEAL. Thinking that I had faulty unit, I took it back to Radio Shack and tried additional wireless mic and amp units with same results. The suggestion offered to me was to turn the amp to full gain, and turn receiver control up until just about to squeal - this gives me a receiver knob position of less than 1. Is this what everyone else is finding??

I need confirmation on how to position the receiver and amp controls and get good system performance.

Thanks,
Bob

Well, I bought a new wirerless mic,hooked it up before I cut it up.Even with the mic I get the static if I get a ways away.I'am using RCA-1/8 mono to the amp,1/8 mono to hook speaker in.Don't see how I could screw that up.Any more ideas?

Hey RalphL:

I have a question for you concerning removing the speaker from the RS mini amp. Would you mind shooting me an email at [url=mailto:jimbergmann32@msn.com?

Back