any luck with phantom caller

RandyB

I've have a phantom caller for about two months called one coyote in to about 200 yards then he turned and left//////

is anybody having luck with this call????

Randy,
There are several guys around here that are having good luck with the Phantom calls. They must be out hunting right now.
smile.gif

Hi-
My partner and I have tried a variety of casette callers and a good quality CD caller with no success over the past year for upstate NY yotes. He then bought a used Phantom Caller. First time out with it last Friday using rabbit squeaks on the second call a coyote came right in towards him. There must be something to it.

Randy, iv'e had nothing but good luck with my phantom. Yes i takes a while to find out what works with the phantom but trust me ,it will work. Just go out and keep at it.

------------------
Hunt safe,Hunt offen

I have called in more than 3 (I don't keep great track and I have missed more than few) but less than 10 coyotes using the Phantom. I only used it for coyotes for a few months last summer before bear season started. I have found the rabbit noise and rodent squeeks work for coyotes. I wish there was a wounded Jack noise and I have played the hell out of the deer noise with no response (other than from mule deer) expecting bear or lion to come in with no luck. Sometimes I wish the sound loops were a little longer, but other than that I think it is a neat and handy little E-Caller. Alot smaller and lighter than any other E-caller unit I have seen. If I use it again soon to get a few coyotes I will post some more pictures with it. Good luck
Bret

I have been using the phantom caller for a few months now. its pretty amazing how great it has worked, We are lucky to be predator rich in my parts but my odds improved noticalby. My first lion was taken last month with the phantom caller and fawn decoy.

------------------

Congratulations on your lion. I am definitely buying the Phantom too, primarily for lions. Have been told that I would have better chance of winning the Muy Grande than getting a lion.

Would love to hear any details on your techniques with the phantom for lions.

Thanks.
Donnel

I got my lion using the phantom E caller and a fawn decoy. We had a fresh snow the day before so the tracks I picked up were fresh. I followed the tracks until I got into a very rocky area that I felt would be a good place to set up. I set the fawn decoy out where it could be seen from the rocky overhangs in the area, I set the speaker in some sage next to the decoy. I took my place about 50 feet forward of the decoy and speaker, I over dubbed the fawn blet and rabbit on the first call then overdubbed rabbit over rabbit for 2 or 3 calls then back to fawn over rabbit, In about 10 to 15 minutes I spotted the lion moving down the rocks in my direction. within minutes he was passing 15 yards of to my side, Never knew what hit him. I do have pics of him but im not to good with all this computer stuff, I need someone to show me how to post them. Until then I can give you some measurments, He was a tom, 140lbs, 7ft3in. Two weeks later a 200lb tom was taken in the same area and I was out last weekend after a fresh snow and found another set of tracks close by. Ill be on that set this weekend I have 1 tag left to fill.

Back