RS caller upgrade

Yeah, and unfortunately, maybe Tasha and Bill too.........

------------------
Critr

fea6c171.jpg.orig.jpg

www.SaguaroSafaris.com

Well, it's about 3:30 am here in NY, just got back in from huntin' and I've gotta tell ya this little unit is so sweet. I just bought mine today at Wallyworld got the RCA 008 version. Brought it home ran my tapes through the JVC console unit and it came out great. Waited for the wife to get out of work at midnight and my partner and I went out. We could only hunt for a couple hours, but in about 3 hours or so we called in 4 greys and a yote with this little unit. So like I said, my hats off to ya.
I do have a question, how do ya load these critters ( and no I don't mean the hides) into the computer so ya can mess with them on goldwave or whatever? Mine came out fairly clear but, I would like to clean them up a little. When I turn the volume up, I get a little "hiss" and would like to clean them up a little.
Another question, do you think a ground loop, noise filter between the amp and the speaker would help this little prob. It's not a loud his but enough that I don't like it.

Great caller, no extra movement flippin' tapes or changin' cd's just touch the button.

Finally got my RCA RP5007, got it on Ebay for a great price. At first it wouldn't even come on had to take it apart and adjust so the batteries would make contact. Now my real delima is it will not record. I'm thinking the card is bad But? Where can I get an 8mb card for a good price or am I missing some easy step on getting it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mo a few things you might check...on the card, look at it does it have a shiny "Dot" on it about 3/8 inch diamater on the opposite side of the electronics ? if so that is the write protect and will prevent the card from being recorded on or erased. if the dot is there just peal it off and you should be fine. other than that double check all your settings via reading the manual, and make sure you got your card in corectly.

Ryank,

According to the instruction book that came with mine it won't handle more than 8MB.

Doug

Originally posted by ryank:
Smart media card question,

I have the model 5007a RCA. It said on the package that the card was upgradable from the 4MB (that came with the dvr) to a 8MB.

My question is this.... Would anything bigger then an 8MB work? I was thinking something like the 32MB or even the 64MB. That way I can put ALL of my sounds on there in HQ mode. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Ryan

Hi Guys,

Has anyone tried to use an "attenuator" cable to record from an earphone out-put? Some times the levels are too high from an earphone "out" to a mic "in", this will over drive the recorder's input circuit. RS sells a patch cord that will "attenuate" or lower the input signal to keep it from over driving. Over driving the input circuit will cause all sorts of unwanted noise.

The best way to record into a mic input is with a microphone or a patch cord from a "line out" output that puts out the correct levels for a recorder. Most microphones put out very low voltage signals, in the milivolt range.

Try the attenuator patch cord if you are getting wierd (not calling sounds) noises in your recordings from earphone out sources.

Good luck,

Marcos
elalto@home.com

I was messing around with my sounds on "goldwave" after I recorded them into my computer with a cheezy $9 little boom box from Wally World. If you have goldwave, when you open your sound that you want to mess with, go to the tool bar on top. There's two rows of tools you can use. On the bottom row, if you count in 7 from the right you'll find "noise reduction" click on it and about in the middle of the window you'll see "presets" click on the arrow and it will give you a drop down. Click on hiss remvl, then click ok. it will download. Then go back to the top and click save. Repeat the process for HUM. make sure you click save after it down loads. Now on the second tool bar down, go to the second one from the left,"Dynamics" click it to open it an at the bottom of the window, you'll see presets, click the arrow and scroll down to "THRESHOLD" click on it and hit ok. It will download and make sure ya save it.
This process took all the background noise out of my sounds.I even took hand calls and put them on the DVR and loaded them into the computer and cleaned them up. I then plugged the RS wire (the one you buy for your RS caller amp) into the headphone jack on the computer speakers and recorded them back onto the DVR. went and tested it and no background noise (unless you turn the amp all the way up).
I hope this will help.

I came up with a good working wireless system for my RCA RP 5007, RS Mini Amp & RS horn speaker E-Caller. I bought Radio Shack Hand Free Wireless Mic System (#32-1221 normaly $59.99 on sale now for $39.99), cut off the mic and soldered on a 1/8" mono male plug to go to the RP 5007. At the other end I made up a connection for the needed 12 VDC for the reciever using my DeWault 12V drill battery along with this I used a lighter plug style varible voltage unit that are used to power games, CD players, etc. and used it to get the 9 volt power for the RS amp. I've tested it out to 100' and it's supposed to reach out to 200'. I found this after checking the prices on wireless mic systems at MARS Music store. Cheapist I found there was $130. Just thought I'd pass along the information.

Has anyone tried a noise filter of sometype between the amp and the speaker?

Reason I ask is when I'm using the mini amp it gives a really annoying buzz. I'm gonna try a new battery in it tomorrow because I don't remember it being this bad with a fresh battery. If that doesn't fix it, I'm gonna try to figure out some type of filter.

Ryan

You guy's are great! Just when I was about to shell out $300 for a foxpro, I find out I can build one 4 alot less, and I can set my sound's to however I want them. This is a great site, I'm happier than a buzzard on a cow carcuss! Thank's again!!!!

Back