What do you do for a living?

Quote:
Javafour Quote:
My wife hit me with a divorce and I ended up trading them to her in exchange for custody of my two sons, 10 and 12.

Good trade. sounds like she was a winner if she would trade her kids for coffee business. Looks like the kids ended up with the good parent!

Thanks, buddy, for the kind words and, yes, I definitely got the better part of the bargain!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I was a Victory/Polaris mechanic until I broke my arm on the job and then 3 monthes later they "had to lay me off due to finacial cutbacks", nevermind the fact that I had, by far, the most experiance in the shop and turned out twice as much work as either of the other 2 techs. Oh well, now I'm going back to shcool for computer tech.

I was layed off from construction, oilfields and minning all before my 21 birthday. Got tired of lay offs So I went to work for the State as a correctional officer did six years behind the walls and now I'm a street cop.

JAH

Quote:
Worn out old fire grunt, almost retired. I expect a garbage truck to tag me, anyday now.

Seeesh, Kirby! It will be okay... really! Step out from the middle of the road and let the trucks go by! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

State Trooper assigned to Executive Protection and Capitol Protective Services Division after doing patrol work for about 10 years. Don't know that anyone has ever been laid off from us. In the good economys we flourish and in the bad economys we flourish. Lot of job security in this line of work. Always have wackos out there regardless of the economy.

Besides being retired from the Navy, I work security at a wholesale auto auction. My job is pretty secure and I can't complain about the work hours either! Seven days of 12 hour shifts then seven days off to do whatever I want. Most of my time off, I spend finding new wilderness to explore and trying to get some good photos to post to my blog.

I have had my way of life mis managed and shut down , I,m a Timber Faller From Southeast Alaska... Went into building houses ... Then into the Laborers Union .. I work as a Construction Laborer ,on Highway const , including Ice road const in Prudhoe Bay ,,, Problem is we moved to the Interior this summer and I like it so much here that I don,t want to go back up on the Slope ... So I,m foolin around cutting firewood for a while ...And gettin ready to start callin fur ...

I live in North central Iowa. I started my work career at a sawmill in my home town. Worked there for 17 years...13 years of that as the sawyer. The one who saws up the logs and sends the wood on to other stages of production. My saw cab was four feet square and we worked years of ten hour days with maintenance before and after the sawing day so I say I have done my "time" .Then worked for an electrician 10 miles from home for 5 1/2 years. Then for an electrical contractor for 5 1/2 years working at the University of Northern Iowa on different projects for new dorm buildings to new computer wires through several buildings to a new wellness center. Then took a job with the university as a facility mechanic (repairman) and have been here 10 years since . When money gets short ,we have less work as we have less to work with. SM

I own a window replacement company in El Paso Tx.I have had to lay everyone off except my installers.Time are tough I am not sure how much longer we can hold on.But I am going to ride it out as long as I can

I work on a Nitro Funny Car on the NHRA circuit. Alot of teams are losing sponsorship at the end of the year and will be parked. We had a really lousy year, but we have an owner who can afford to race the car so we should be ok next year.

I work for a County here in East Iowa. I run a Motor Grader. So I get to look for spots to call coyotes 8hr. a day. I just started calling so im really paying attention going up and down the roads now. When the snow comes I see alot of stuff at 4am.

Back