Azden wireless PRO with problem

allhowl

I have the Azden Pro wireless receiver which I attach to my speaker (Wildoats gave great inf. on hooking up a powerhorn)but here is the problem. The speaker hums when I play my Sony tapeplayer. I turn the volume almost off & it still hums. Hum,I wonder if there is anyone out there who has any suggestions which might help? Also would it hurt to paint the shiney telescoping rod on the receiver? I was thinking about just covering it with camo-mesh.

Had the same problem with one player. Tried it on another player and the problem went away. I tried a stereo jumper cable instead of the mono cable that comes with the unit and the hum was reduced considerably. The only thing I suspect is that some players cause interference with the cable which acts as the units antenna for the transmitter.

------------------
sdonkey@execpc.com

I know this may sound stupid, but flip the cord around the other way if possible. Sometimes in stereo and video equipment this will make a difference.
wink.gif

------------------
Coyote Howler

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried to switch wires -no luck. Will go to RS & get a mono-stereo adapter & try that. Will let ya know later.

I had the same problem with one cd player. As mentioned before I was able to reduce with a stereo patch cord. I took this unit out to the woods over the weekend to try it out and to my surprise there wasn't any hum. Apparently at your house and mine there must be something causing the interference between the transmitter and receiver. Try yours at a different location and see if the problem goes away.

Back