Phamton call trouble

sylvan26

Has anybody had any trouble with their
phantom? Does it act or work differnt if
the battery is low.Please let me know
your troubles if any.

Yes the caller will ack odd with low volts. Roadkill is right always keep extra Duracell Ultras handy.

------------------
Keep the wind in your face and... Good calling to you...
yotewalk.gif

Jason's Gun Room
Quality Custom Gunsmithing http://predatormasters.com/jasongunroom.html

I noticed that when its real cold it will shut off in the middle of the coyote howl. I found that if you keep it warm it works fine . So i just tuck the pad in side my coat and it works fine.Plus like Roadkill said use duracell ultras they seem to be the best.

------------------
Hunt safe,Hunt offen

My Phantom acts very strange with a cold battery. Cuts off in mid-calling, won't call without constantly adjusting the volume, etc.
I keep a handwarmer in my shirt pocket and tuck the unit into my pocket periodically to keep it warm. This seems to keep the unit working fine in cold weather. I know the battery is good 'cause it works fine in the house. Solid state circuits, batteries and cold temps just do not co-exist very well at all!!

------------------
illinoisboy

"Home of the fried 'possum fritter"

Illiniosboy,
I was out this past weekend in the cold temps and I too experienced the same thing as you. It was cutting off during the howl and i had to keep adjusting the volume to keep it working. I also checked mine out in the house and it worked like a charm. The battery was new so i don't think that it was the problem. It appears that the cold was the culprit in my opinion. I called the technicians at the company who makes these calls and I was told that they are working on the problem. They too stated that at this time they are not sure what is causing this to happen. I was told that if it continues to send back the unit and they will replace it for me. They requested that I check it out again with another new battery in cold conditions to see what happens. It was about 22 degrees when mine was acting up.

Im glad you people are telling everyone. I think I will wait to buy mine after they fix the problem, and make sure its the new version.

In all fairness to the folks at EDW, I though I should post a reply to this...
I spoke with Bill Gardner about this problem and his aswer rang true.
Once again, it's the battery...
I found a place that guarantees their batteries before they sell 'em - will even check them under a load (which is the only way to ensure that a battery is good) before you leave the store. (Even a faulty battery will put out 9volts - it's what it does under a load that counts) At $4.69 a pop for Duracell Ultra's - that's a must for my budget! Ihave not had any problems since giving the Phantom the "juice" it needs to run. (Think about your car battery on those cold mornings... )

I sent my phantom back to Cobelas, because the speaker wire pigtail and the bulk wire were starting to come apart after only about six to eight hunts. I also was having trouble with the sounds stalling out on me, I guess due to the cold weather.
I guess for $230.00 I would have expected a better product.
My new Foxpro is on the way.

------------------

Back