Taking away hiss and hum using goldwave

Muleskinner2

I don't know if this will help but I do know it cleared all my background noise up.
Download your sound into your computer via whatever. I used a cheap $9 little boom box thatI got at WalMart.(didn't have a long enought patch cord for JVC home stero) I used the RS black cord for the RS amp to do so.
Ok enough of that, once you get goldwave opened and you get the sound up that you want to mess with. You'll see the tool bars at the top of your screen. Go to the second toolbar down and the seventh box in from the right should be " noise red". click on it to open it. In the middle of the window, you should see Presetes, click the arrow and click on Hiss remvl, then click ok. It will download, when it's done, click save on the tool bar. Repeat the process for HUM. make sure you click save after each one.
The third process is on the second tool bar down go to "Dynamics" second box in from the left. Click on it to open it and at the bottom of the screen you should see presets. click the arrow to open the drop down window and scroll down to THRESHOLD click on it and click ok. It will download and make sur ya click save.
Now listen to your sound. It should be clear. I even recorded hand calls ont the DVR and put them on there and cleaned them up. To record them back to the DVR, I used the same black RS amp wire. Plugged it into the headphone jack on my computer speaker then into the mic jack on the DVR. Turn the volume down to about 4 on the computer keyboard and turned the DVR volume to about 10. They came out crystal clear.

I hope this will help I know it did for me.
Thanx for your time

I was just messing around with it a little more and found that you can use the threshold more than once and that takes out even more noise. If you wach the graph you can see the background noise getting eliminated.

HMMMMM, I didn't have any problem. Matter of fact, I was just messing with it even more and found a little better way using the "noise gate" I found that if you use the threshold to many times it kinda distorts the sound. Using all 3 of them you can wach the background noise being eliminated on the graph.
I know I a couple of time caught myself plugging the wire into the earphone jack on the DVR and trying to rec. I couldn't say what happened with yours. Maybe your media card for the DVR has the little silver dot on it so you can't overwrite it?
By the way instead of me trying to explain about the noise gate, when you open go to help it gives a pretty good explanation of what it exactly does and how to set it up.
Like I said it worked like a charm for me. It's kinda hard when you're not right there hands on.
You say you got the souds on goldwave and stored as files correct. Then when you were ready to put them back on DVR you plugged wire into the headphone jack on the computer speaker then into the mic on the DVR.

Got me stumped, keep talking we can figure it out.

Just got Goldwave downloaded.... and was looking/fooling around with it.

"NoiseGate" is what you really want to use.

I was shocked that nobody mentioned it till now...

Sorry Rich about the response. It took me a couple of days to get the sounds crystal clear and I just wanted to share how with others. Didn't mean to fly off but I don't take sarcazem very well.

So Rusty how did ya make out?

Back