problem with RS caller

packerbacker

I m having a little problem with my RS e caller, hopefully someone can figure this out

I built it the same as everyone else I think except I used the old speaker from my JS caller. I start off at low volume and then slowly turn it up. at about half volume it sounds fine for about 30 sec. then the sound kind of starts to warble and I have to keep turning it lower and lower until eventually I have it almost all the way down.
Is the speaker shot?
Ive been using brand new batteries every time and trying different brands, it doesnt seem to make any difference.
Any help would be very appreciated. thanks

Are you saying you turn up the volume on the little RS amp to half way or is this on the player you are using?
I have a 25w power horn from RS and I only can turn up the amp about 1/4 at most when my player is up near max volume or it gets too loud and starts to break up. I have yet to try it outside but indoors it is very loud.

Tim

Don't know. Have tried an old JS speaker I got with a JS 45RPM call, and it sounds good. Will be testing different speakers in actual field calling in a week or so, if I can get out.........

------------------
Critr

fea6c171.jpg

www.SaguaroSafaris.com

I have been turning up the mini amp about halfway to start, then I ahvr to slowly turn that down also.
I was wrong about the speaker. Its a Burnham bros.,12 watt, 8 ohm
mine sounded good and loud indoors, its quite a bit different outside in the open.

Hmmm...
Have you tried the speaker on a stereo or boom box without the amp? Try to eliminate each piece.

It seems odd to me that you need to have the amp up half way. It hurts my ears at 1/4 or below and most speakers I have tried with it start cracking up above that. I wonder if something is wrong with it.

Hope you get it working,
Tim

Back