JS Power Pro??

Hawk2

Just got a power pro and hooked up a cheap walkman to try it out.
I am getting so much Amp Hum it is overpowering the audio output. Seems to matter little where I put Volume on Player or amp. Is it the Player??

Try a different player... even a boombox will work... anything with a Headphone output.

Then try a different cable (if that is physically possible with a JS PP, if not, skip) if you get the same results with boombox... Make sure your cables are seated firmly.

all thats left then is the JS PowerPro if you still have probs.

Unless of course your playing a "Humm" tape ! haha

I've got a power pro and don't have any hum in the speaker. I have a fairly cheap Sony walkman and it sounds great. I also have hooked up a CD walkman and it to had no background noise. I sure like the low weight of this caller and the volume output. Much easier to carry than my JS512.
Bruce

Alright I took your advise and hooked up a boombox it worked fine. I will buy a better walkman Friday. One i have must not have enough output to drive properly. I had heard from several who were quite pleased before I bought one.
Thanks for the advise!!

If you can find a walkman with dolby B pick it up, itll still help a little with hiss even if the recording ISNT in Dolby...

Rock on !

It works great with a Sony Walkman!!
Should have know better than to try a cheap one. It aparently did not have a strong enough signal to drive through the amp.
Thanks for all the advise!

Back