Wireless.

ryank

OK Guys,

I tried it and it works, but there are some drawbacks.

First you have your DVR, MP3, Walkman, CD player, or whatever you have your sounds stored on. This is your "remote".

Now what I did was found an old "Sound Feeder" (lets you tune your car stereo in to a radio frequency, to listen to your portable cd player) This can be purchased at Walmart, Radio Shack, or just about anyplace that sells car stereo equipment. This will be your "transmitter"

Now connect your "remote" to your "transmitter" with a 1/8" patch cord of whatever length you wish.

This complete's the "handheld unit".

Now for the recieving end......

Since I had bought a walkman to set up the previously discussed call, I used that to pick up my "transmitter's" signal. Just tune the radio in to what you have your "transmitter" set at. The walkman will be called your "tranciever".

Connect your "tranciever" to your Radio Shack 277-1008C Mini Amp. Then the mini amp to your speaker.

And PRESTO! you have a partially wireless system.

Now I will tell you about the drawbacks. The "transmitter" I have is completly relying on line of sight. Meaning it is basically only going to work in one direction.

Now for the good points. It weighs less then the RCA DVR.

The furthest distance I have tried it out at so far was about 50 ft. And it sounds great still.

Just an idea I had that worked. Would be nice to have it not be so "line of sight" Any idea's guys?

Ryan

I had seen one of these at Best Buy for about $20, and wondered if it would work. The biggest questions I had were range and what to use as the receiving unit. I wasn't sure if the receiver needed a telescoping antenna or if a walkman type radio would work.

Do you still have volume control?

Thanks,

John

Let me understand this. The transmitter is putting out a specific frequency like 98.6? You tune the receiver(Walkman W/tuner) into that frequency? If that's the case you have volume control from the unit in your hand??

Bob

Yes you have complete control of the volume from whatever you are using to play the sound.

As far as range, I have only tried it out to about 50 ft.

Ryan

Back