Power on light for Radio Shack amp & speaker

wildoats

I added a power on light to my RS amp speaker system.

I picked up a packet of radio shack mini colored lamps 6v part # 272-1098. After I removed the small 5wt speaker from the amp and discarded it. I soldered one small red lights leads to the contact on the board left of the switch and the other lead to the neg contact on the board. I then drilled a small hole just above the speaker screen, and hot glued the light in place with just the tip sticking out. It's about the size of a small X-mas light and gives off plenty of light to let you know where the unit is in the dark or to let you know when you have left it on. I don't have any idea how much juice this light will draw off the battery but I know it's less than when I leave it on and forget, LOL

I have hot glued my amp to the back of my speaker and put a pice of velcro on the horn to hold my Azden receiver. Makes for A nice small lite weight unit. I hope to give it a try next week on some new property.

------------------

Keep your hooks sharp and you powder dry.
Wildoats

"The expactations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools."
Confucius

Wildoats,

Excellent Tip on adding the LED On-light... Thanks for sharing it...

Now if you can just figure out how to make the RED LED automatically turn to FLASHING-GREEN when any predators get within a 100 yards of it.... hahaha

Back