??? about my Johnny Stewart MS512MR caller

Eddiemats

Hey gang. I guess after 3 years I need a new battery for my caller. At the Johnny Stewart website they list replacement batteries for the 512 series. One is a 12 Volt 5 AH......the other is a 12 Volt 2.4 AH......Which one do I purchase ?
And the good people at Cabela's told me I could pick up the battery at any RadioShack....The only question is which battery do I buy....Could anyone recommend where I could purchase one that hasn't been sitting on a shelf too long ??
Thanks,
Eddie

Take your caller apart as you will have to anyway to replace your new battery.It will say on battery which one you need.Some of the stewart cases are smaller and take the smaller battery.The bigger one won't fit in the smaller case one.Anyway buy it from Stewart so you know its fresh! They do have about a 3yr shelf life if not charged! I know I got a bad one from a stocking dealer once and had to send it back to stewart to get it exchanged for a good one! I forgot to mention on your other post I described how to install the new one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey Trappebill.....Stewart says I can't purchase it through them....only a dealer and the dealer they suggested has it for $40....I passed a RadioShack in NJ today. I stopped in and they had a 12 Volt 5AH battery for $24.....I left my caller at the hunting cabin in upstate NY about a 3 hour drive from my house. You think the one from RadioShack will work ????....the dimensions seemed the same

I have never bought one from radio shack so I can't advise you what to do.It may be exactly the same.I know the ones stewart was using were Panosonic but I don't even know what they use now or in the bigger case one like you have.If they would let you return it then I would say buy it.But I think with stuff like that they have a no return policy.If you want call snare shop at 717-822-5318.

Eddiemats,
Like trapper bill said, there are 2 different battery so look at the battery in your caller.
Now before you buy 2 battery's may I suggest something which might save you some money. Take the battery's out and unsodier the connection where they attach together. Then get a meter and check both batterys separatly to make sure that both batterys are not bad.
i
The first battery in line will always be charged more than the second battery and the first battery will take more of the discharge. So you may only need to replace one battery. If both batterys are low then charge up each battery separatly and then check them. This was the case with me, I had only one battery that was bad, replaced it and every thing has been working great.

Back