Duck Hunting Today

KansasCowboy

1107080951a.jpg

I knew it was going to be a good hunt when about 10 minutes before shooting light Ducks started showing up in 5 , 10's 20's and maybe plus some more than that. My hunting bud's got some good footage of ducks landing in the early moring. The group of ducks built to at least to 150 Birds. Talk about qaucking and caring on these birds were getting with it. We were hundled up in cover near one another grining from ear to ear watching this spectacle.

That was a big highlight to see that many wild birds coming in so close and there manuvers would keep up with most fighter Pilots.

When we got set up to shoot ducks it happened steadily and often we had are limits in plenty of time for an Early lunch.

Thanks to my gracious Host !!!!

Gorgeous, pup and great job on your limit. That is a Drathaar isn't it? Was curious where you might have gotten one or whether you breed pups? I would definitely like to get one in the next few years. Just don't think I can have a another lab once mine gets to old, at least not right after him anyway. But, those are definitely a beautiful dog and smart as any dog out there.

Nice duck hunting there. My brother hunts around "The Bottoms" i.e. Cheyenne Bottoms and had been doing very well lately, says there are a lot of ducks and a variety of them. Nothing better than just watching ducks pile into the dekes. Sometimes I'd rather watch those fighter pilots than shoot them.

Bighorn it was so cool to watch them come in a nd do there thing.I have heard good things about the Bottoms. Has your brother had any luck hunting Pheasant in the Bottoms?

shoot2retrieve,
This dog is not mine I'm mainly an Upland Birdhunter so I run Brittanies. However this dog does a fine job in the Uplands. My buddies are fanatical about duck hunting and they invited me for hunt. This dog is a great retrtiver. He also has won and placed in a couple of Dock Dog Competitions.He is from A breeder in North Dakota. Pm me if you like and I could get you in touch with his owner.

He doesn't hunt pheasants at the bottoms, but he has been slaying them on private land near the bottoms. He has also been doing really well on some WIHA property near there. When I was there in September, there was a lot of water out there, seemed the northwest side was the only spot I remember being any dry land.

Back