NRA Pres Wayne LaPierre: Obama's Judgment

Javafour

Obama's Judgment

11/5/2008

I've heard a lot about Barack Obama's "judgment" over the past few weeks. We're supposed to believe that Senator Obama has displayed good judgment over the course of his political career. Well, by once again looking at his Second Amendment record, I think we can put that myth to rest.

Just look at a couple of the things Obama has proposed: a 500 percent increase on excise taxes for guns and ammunition, and a ban on gun stores within five miles of a school or a park. Those two measures wouldn't just decimate the firearms industry, they would kill it. That, in turn, would have a drastic effect on our military, because the same companies that sell guns to civilians are also the ones selling guns to the government. I wonder how Obama would feel about a multi-billion dollar bailout of the firearms industry, because that's what just two of his proposals would require. That's not hype or hyperbole. It's just the truth, and the truth is Obama's judgment is as bad as his Second Amendment record.

Back