POWELL FOR OBAMA: IT'S NOT ABOUT RACE

the only way I know to figure out what to expect from someone is to look at their past. It's usually a fair bet the they will be & do the same next year as they have last year & all the years that came before.

if you really look at obama's record, it simply does not match most of what he says. He has done the opposite of what he says. this forces me to conclude that he's lying, which makes me want to know why? To just what ends are his means working?

Quote:
Quote:

Um, excuse me. I believe one candidate is "out to get America."

Who do you feel Obama's (since you didnt name him Im left assuming) allegiance is for? Do you have any valid reports you could be so kind to post and let the world know? We may be breaking news here. Im serious, lets discuss this further. Al-Qaeda, Mujahadeen, maybe he uses campaign funds and finances the EFP's coming into Iraq from Iran. If I am sounding ridiculous right now, probably because this argument is.

What does it take to make you see? Or maybe you just don't want to.

From Obama's book "Audacity of Hope"
"I will stand with the Muslims should the winds shift in an ugly direction."

The winds started shifting back about 25yrs ago and they've been blowing ever since. They reached hurricane force on 9/11 and they'll get worse.

Check out the YouTube clip of him being interviewed by George Stephanopolous, see him slip up about being Muslim.

"We live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join me as we try to change it." B. Obama

Elect this guy and he'll sure get his chance. Maybe you like what he has in mind but I don't.....maybe when you finally wake up it'll be too late.

Quote:
Well its that or close down and cost people jobs. Is that patriotic? Would you be opposed to a flat tax?

There are definately benifits to it. Downsizing the IRS is a big one. I think we would all like a simpler tax system. Regardless we still will pay taxes. Whether its captured from our employers or if we directly share the burden.

Am I for it, I would have to research it further. Am I for middle class America taking an increase? No. I feel that the middle class drives America and should be spared from as much taxation as possible. Is it wrong to penalize companies for a job well done? Yes, but is it right to penalize those workers who did the job that was considered well done in the first place? Even more yes.

I am all for imposing more taxes for companies operating outside of our tax system. And if there are any more taxes to be collected, I feel we should explore those options first.

Do I agree with Sarah Palin's plan to stimulate the economy by spending $150,000 on the original Thriller jacket, no. It scares me. If her present activities are any sign of what we will experience with her in office advising McCain, I say take away her government credit cards.

Tommy, The RNC bought her clothes. Because she didn't have any suitable for campaigning. that's the GOP, the party. if that's how they want to spend their money on this campaign, i simply don't see any reason why I should care.

Don't you think it just a little refreshing that this lady, governor of a state, didn't herself have a costly wardrobe?

I do.

Did she really not have a lavish wardrobe? Ill have to take your word as I havent seen first hand or heard any reports stating otherwise.

$150k on clothes to be worn for 2 1/2 months???? Ok maybe it wasnt her idea, maybe I should direct my astonishment towards the RNC. She accepted, so she's wears...I mean shares a little of the burden.

081024beelertoon-20081023072818.jpg

I like your sense of humor Stu.

Let me ask you this. Once the RNC liberates her from her new wardrobe after the election, what will it be replaced with if they indeed succeed?

Maybe the steel-toed boots and carhart she showed up with? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You wouldn't expect him to admit that race is a factor, would you? Race is probably some of it, but in a little different way. Back when he was being talked about as a possible Presidential candidate, liberal blacks referred to him as an uncle tom. This would be his way to shed that image. And I definitely believe it's about power and ego.

I've never cared for Colin Powell. Just because he was a general doesn't mean he's not wrong politically. He was against Desert Storm and thought there'd be a mountain of body bags filled with Americans. Even after exhaustive dead-end negotiations with Hussein, he wanted still more negotiation. And he was completely wrong. Then when people were talking about him running for President he was always coy and non-committal, would never give a straight answer. Reminded me of the guy at the gunshow who has stuff on his table but no prices.....when you ask "how much" he gives you this crap "wellllll, I don't really know...." In other words, beg me to sell and I might consider. That's how Powell seemed to be playing it, wanting people to beg him to run. He never got the nomination but built up a certain following.

He was out of tune with this Bush administration and my impression is that he was finally tossed. Later his feelings of alienation and resentment were very obvious. It's no surprise he'd endorse Obama. This is his chance to get back into some position of importance and prominence....a better likelihood with Obama than with McCain. Also maybe he'd gain credibility with liberal blacks. So he endorses Obama, big deal.

I dunno. *I'd* be fine if she campaigned in camo's, LOL, but I don't think it'd work for everyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Look, I'm utterly opposed to obama. Guns are enough, but yet they aren't. Ayers is more than enough, but there's more.

But, all I have is one vote. I'll cast it. I predict AL will go mccain by 2-1.

but one of them will win, one will lose. either way, the winner will do things I'll laugh at & do things to infuriate me. IMO, obama will do more of the 2nd & if we have a filibuster proof senate, we're going to be sooooo bloody hosed we'll be looking back at the good old days of right now, when we could own AR's, etec etc etc friggin' cetera.

But. it's really beyond any one person's control. in 10 days we'll know who we're griping about next & can move on to that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quote:
I dunno. *I'd* be fine if she campaigned in camo's, LOL, but I don't think it'd work for everyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

+1 here!!! And with her AR in one hand and a coyote in the other /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
I like your sense of humor Stu.

Let me ask you this. Once the RNC liberates her from her new wardrobe after the election, what will it be replaced with if they indeed succeed?

Maybe the steel-toed boots and carhart she showed up with? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stu, where did you find this guy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Stealth you act as though she wont need any clothing after the election. I was just wondering what the contingency plan was for her once she is liberated from her newfound lavish wardrobe.

Back