POWELL FOR OBAMA: IT'S NOT ABOUT RACE

I doubt that Gen. Powell holds the Bush Administration in a very high regard. If he sees John McCain as more of the same that could explain his endorsement right there.

Years back, I would have voted for him for Prez (Powell), but it seems since he "quit" Bush's team, he's gone to be more of a RINO; sorta like our Govenator..

Like 444 said, he's looking for a job...

I heard one of the talking heads this morning saying it might be "ethnic pride".

Isn't that just another way of saying it's about race?

I thought Gen. Powell was the one who went to the UN and explained why we needed to enter Iraq.

Or maybe he’s along with 51% of the nation that aren’t buying the McCain garbage of Obama being a terrorist and ties with Ayers(sp) and his middle name is Hussein and must be Osama kin and, and, and. All I’ve heard from the McCain camp is "you should vote for me because you shouldn’t vote for him". That’s substance right there.
chat.gif
Kind of like electing a pretty running mate to help boost polls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Two wars going on, an economy crisis, and all the other major issues at hand and all he can think of is to pick an attractive Gov to run with a to attract the male vote. I'd bet my next paycheck if she looked like Nancy Pelosi, his poll percentages would surely fall well into the 30's, it wouldnt take much from where he is now btw. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Every time something works for Obama, McCain grabs it. Like the budget. McCain wants to use a hatchet, Obama a scalpel. As soon as he realizes thats a more popular phrase, he says "Id use a hatchet then a scalpel."
chat.gif
Could you imagine applying that same tactic in your home? Just stop paying your bills so you can adjust your budget. That’s a policy I think will work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I guess that means don’t pay the military, fed prisons, all fed employees, foreign aid, disaster relief, stop paving federal highways. I guess we can live with pot holes until McCain is done with his scalpel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Had Powell sponsored McCain republicans would be cherishing the endorsement, but instead they have to tie it to race, and needing a job. Couldn’t he have endorsed McCain and gotten the same job? No....that couldn’t have happened. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

He's making between $7-8,000 a month in army retirement. I doubt he needs a job.

I'm glad to hear that race is not an issue with the Obama camp. Black voters would surely only vote for him because he is more experianced and has better judgment than McCain. None of them would dream of voting for him because he has some black heritage. I believe that if he looked like Don King, he would have still gotten to where he is now.

I couldn't imagine that woman "pretty face" was picked for any of her occomplishments such as being a mayor, present job as Governor of AK, and the fact that she is more conservative than McCain himself would have any bearing.

I'm glad "The One" has no ties to Rezko, Ayers, ACORN, Wright, and Farrakan.

He must really be "The One".

I'm not a McCain camp person. I don't really like the politician. Gov Palin is the only one of the groups that I actually like.

Last edited:
Quote:
Or maybe he’s along with 51% of the nation that aren’t buying the McCain garbage of Obama being a terrorist and ties with Ayers(sp) and his middle name is Hussein and must be Osama kin and, and, and. All I’ve heard from the McCain camp is "you should vote for me because you shouldn’t vote for him". That’s substance right there.
chat.gif
Kind of like electing a pretty running mate to help boost polls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Two wars going on, an economy crisis, and all the other major issues at hand and all he can think of is to pick an attractive Gov to run with a to attract the male vote. I'd bet my next paycheck if she looked like Nancy Pelosi, his poll percentages would surely fall well into the 30's, it wouldnt take much from where he is now btw. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Every time something works for Obama, McCain grabs it. Like the budget. McCain wants to use a hatchet, Obama a scalpel. As soon as he realizes thats a more popular phrase, he says "Id use a hatchet then a scalpel."
chat.gif
Could you imagine applying that same tactic in your home? Just stop paying your bills so you can adjust your budget. That’s a policy I think will work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I guess that means don’t pay the military, fed prisons, all fed employees, foreign aid, disaster relief, stop paving federal highways. I guess we can live with pot holes until McCain is done with his scalpel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Had Powell sponsored McCain republicans would be cherishing the endorsement, but instead they have to tie it to race, and needing a job. Couldn’t he have endorsed McCain and gotten the same job? No....that couldn’t have happened. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

He's making between $7-8,000 a month in army retirement. I doubt he needs a job.

No offence Tommy but Palin is just as qualified as Obama but Palin has never or would ever be friends with Obama's buddies he claims are just present belief friends.

McCain is my last choice and is the flip flopper of all time.

Palin being good looking makes little difference I believe. She has the right idea regardless of McCain's inconsistencies. The lesser of two evil's

Powell dropped out of the idea of turning the Muslim world into little America which is understandable but Obama, Oh no.

The republican party is riding on Palin. I see more of her speeches and SNL appearances then her bosses. It would have you believe this was a VP election. Thats where McCain lacks leadership. In his own campaign, he cant steal the attention away from his running mate, lol. Biden you see him occasionally, but Obama doesnt need him all that much, he's got this.

Race isnt an issue with the Obama camp. Have you seen him at all black rallies drumming up black votes? I havent. Can he help that blacks seem to vote on skin color (only 3% going for McCain)? But in regards to Powell, you seriously think a retired 4 star that has served in the military, served as the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and lastly the secretary of state is voting soley on Obama's skin color? A man with those credentials stooping to race when he served the people of US his entire life? I dont think he's that shallow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I was never real warm to the idea of powell for prez to start with. it's reported that he said he just can't see having a republican appoint 2 more to the USSC.

Well, I can't see me liking the 2 obama would likely pick. 1st up will prolly be hillary clinton. Anyone here think their rights are safe in her hands? I don't.

Palin doesnt give me a warm and fuzzy. When addressing the issue of the environment she ended her skit with how Alaska is the nations largest energy provider. How does carbon emissions have a thing to do with improving the environment? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Yes it helps national security but that wasnt the question. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Foreign policy, she cant stomach the idea Obama would sit down with our enemies. Funny, anyone checked in on Iraq recently? We employ ex-shiite fighters, guilty of killing Americas sons and daughters to fight our other enemy, Al-Qaeda. If we hadnt met one evil, we wouldnt have seen the progress of today. I resented the idea of working hand in hand with a jerk who would have put a bullet in my head a year prior, but if it meant him killing more of my enemies, have at it.

She disputes Obama's war in Iraq stance. That he denies the progress seen in Iraq over the past 12 months and had he been president we would have pulled out prior to seeing that progress. No, he disagrees with entering Iraq which drew the enemy into the country in the first place. Again, nothing to do with progress 6 years after the fact. And that we should have stayed on course with Afganistan. Thats pretty sound thinking. Someone steals from you, you dont go chasing another criminal just because he's a criminal too.

Farraken, lets see he's a muslim right? Black variety? Yea I was knee deep fighting those types during my time in Iraq.

Generals such as Powell are men of many occomplishments, true, but I haven't been a big fan of his, Clark, nor Westmorland for that matter.

I admire Generals like Chesty Puller, too bad you don't see their types anymore.

It is all getting pretty silly IMO, I suppose very few will change their minds and vote for knuckle head A or B because of Powell anyway.

Coyotejunki I agree that the tactics are silly but this nations fate isnt. I dont view either as a knuckle head, they are good at what they do, being president well thats what an election is for. I also dont believe either candidate is out to get America and put us under. People that believe that also thought spaceships were to appear over Alabama for all to see.

Rarely comes along a Reagan, one everybody likes. I think as Americans we expect the perfect two candidates every four years, as every four years its always a case of voting the worse of two evils. If thats the case every election, then that tells me people arent totally either Dem or Rep. They like some things on each side.

We hold candidates to higher standards for good reason, but we have no tolerance for imperfections. Can you honestly say you have never in your life ever done anything wrong, made a bad decision, been in a questionable place you knew you shouldnt be, made friends with someone who turned out to not have your best interest at heart? If you can answer no to all those questions, I put you right next to God.

Quote:

We hold candidates to higher standards for good reason, but we have no tolerance for imperfections. Can you honestly say you have never in your life ever done anything wrong, made a bad decision, been in a questionable place you knew you shouldnt be, made friends with someone who turned out to not have your best interest at heart? If you can answer no to all those questions, I put you right next to God.

Good grief, I've made more bad decisions than I would have liked, done some wrong things in my life also.

However, I am not running for the Position of President of the USA, One of the most important leaders in the world. This individual should be held to the highest standards, because of the millions of lives and billions, maybe trillions of dollars effected by his decisions.

It is very disturbing to me that of all the people in our great nation, the greatest on this planet, these two candidates (sorry if Knuckleheads wasn't to your liking) are the only choices we have. I voted for Reagan, both times. I have voted the "lesser of two evils" since, and will carry on the tradition this election also.

Quote:
Coyotejunki I agree that the tactics are silly but this nations fate isnt. I dont view either as a knuckle head, they are good at what they do, being president well thats what an election is for. I also dont believe either candidate is out to get America and put us under. People that believe that also thought spaceships were to appear over Alabama for all to see.
Rarely comes along a Reagan, one everybody likes. I think as Americans we expect the perfect two candidates every four years, as every four years its always a case of voting the worse of two evils. If thats the case every election, then that tells me people arent totally either Dem or Rep. They like some things on each side.

Um, excuse me. I believe one candidate is "out to get America." I do not, however, believe in flying saucers and redneck raping martians. Call me a consiracy theorist all you want, but I do not believe that Obama has America's peoples' interests at heart here. This campaign is all about his rise to power. I also do not believe that McCain is the best choice, but certainly the better choice.

Quote:

Um, excuse me. I believe one candidate is "out to get America."

Who do you feel Obama's (since you didnt name him Im left assuming) allegiance is for? Do you have any valid reports you could be so kind to post and let the world know? We may be breaking news here. Im serious, lets discuss this further. Al-Qaeda, Mujahadeen, maybe he uses campaign funds and finances the EFP's coming into Iraq from Iran. If I am sounding ridiculous right now, probably because this argument is.

Quote:
I do not, however, believe in flying saucers and redneck raping martians.

Forgive me if you took offense to my statement. It may have been a little harsh, but you must understand I havent read any legitimate reports connecting Barack Hussein Obama with middle-eastern terrorists, so therefore I must view those statements in parallel with Aliens making their debut over Alabama.

Quote:
This campaign is all about his rise to power.

We agree on something my friend. Its called running for the office of the president.

I hate quoting someones post the way I did as it looks antagonistic, so Im sorry if you took it that way.

Coyotejunki Im with you. I have made several mistakes in my time. Do we hold politicians to unfair expectations? I think we do. I think until we start looking at hiring saints for politicians we will never be satisfied. I for one dont support hiring only saints so therefore I expect imperfections.

The problem with the current administration is that they feel they are above making mistakes and I probably with a lot of Americans have grown disgusted with politicians who act as though America has no business in trying talk with nations who mean us harm. We arent asking to send billions in aid. This administration has iscolated itself as much as it claims Iran in the world arena. Cockiness in my mind spawns terrorism.

McCain throughout his past has supported and has gone on record as saying he voted 90% for Bush's policies. Why are those far on the right tired of being compared to Bush? Probably because McCain has failed to show the nation he will change anything. Instead he changes his tactics and chooses a sexy running mate for the world to gawk at. She is an attractive woman, dont mean she has the answers for the issues everyday Americans are looking for.

Back