Whats your squarril gun?

Remington 581 .22lr bolt gun with a BSA 4X air rifle scope...lays the smack down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

019-1.jpg

The receiver, trigger housing and bolt are from a Ruger 10-22. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Remington 592 .22 with 3-9x32

Picked up a stevens buck horn .22 bolt action this summer. Restored it completely, that will be my sniper gun as soon as i can find someone to mount a scope rail on it.

Air Arms 400CRB/.22 with my most recent stock and a BSA 3-9x40 mil-dot. The 1/2" aluminum tubing was a great choice for weight and strength. The entire stock, less detachable bi-pod, weighs 1.26lbs. I shoot out to 75+ yards but most tree squizzers are closer. The California GS are sometimes retarded enough to give me 20yard shot but most are out further running to the hole.

IMG_6288.JPG

If the leaves are on the trees-- 12 gauge, full choke, 6 shot

Leaves are off the trees- Savage Mark II 22LR, Savage 17hmr, or a Winchester model 67a 22LR. It just depends on what I feel like using. But as stated above I like to eat them so I cant go overkill on them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I just purchased a savage .17hmr and got into some after sighting it it, man the hmr really puts a stop on em. not one of em even moved!

Only squirrel hunting I do is close to town so the Gamo 220 Hunter gets that chore. My best shot is a one timer at 51 yds. Most are between 5 and 25 yds. Headshots are what we strive for.

I use my old trusty Mossberg 500 12 Gauge, or sometimes go out with an old Remington single shot .22. Nothing fancy.

I am however looking into getting a Smith & Wesson 22A in Camo.

Quote:
Only squirrel hunting I do is close to town so the Gamo 220 Hunter gets that chore. My best shot is a one timer at 51 yds. Most are between 5 and 25 yds. Headshots are what we strive for.

I've whacked a couple hundred squirrels with the 220 Hunter I had. Fond memories. Lasted approx 15,000 rounds before the hinge pin wore out beyond tolerance. Excellent pellet gun.

Quote:
This works good on squirrels and rabbits

IMG_1816.jpg

t/c223encore.

thats what i have as well but my stock is camo, and i have a standard barrel and a camo TruGlow red dot scope, wanna get a ss bull barrel though...

Back