Simmons New AETEC Master Series

I really love the guys that bash Simmons,but recommend time after time Bushnell. Last time I checked they are owned by the same company. So that means Bushnell is junk too. No it just means that not everybody can afford some of crazy prices for the scopes on the market today. I do consider myself to be a budget, but quality buyer. I have owned at least one model of every series of simmons made as of date I own 7 diferent simmons scopes at this time. Have never had any problem with them yet and if I do I send them back with a $10 MO and they get fixed. I do also find it amazing that everybody jumps on buy a refurb scope bandwagon. Why do they have refurb scopes could it be that they were junk and the company had to fix them. I am not tring to start anything I just don't think some are giving an accurate account of Simmons scopes. I will agree that they do have some that are better than others and that sometimes there scopes break, but don't every company have these problems too. We still buy the others and guess what sometimes there stuff breaks too. I will buy more simmons scopes, but I liked a Nikon i looked through and that Leupold they had at Gander would look good on my Ruger, but I need to save some cash first.

Bushnell and Simmons may be owned by the same company, but then again Cadillac and Chevrolet are both owned by GM, too. If you can't lay out the coin for a better scope than a Simmons, well strap on a Simmons and go kill some $hit. However, whining about others bashing an obviously inferior scope does nothing but make you sound like an idiot. Simmons scopes are inconsistent at best. Nikon, Leupold, Burris, Bushnell Elites, etc are all consistent performers and I doubt you will here reliable arguments against that statement. So, in conclusion, stop whining and start shooting.

If you want a great warranty, skip the "great" nikon refurbs. They have a 90 day warranty. That means if you buy it in summer, work up loads, and get ready for fall, it is already out of warranty when fall hunting seasons arrive. They are refurbs for the most part because they have already been returned to factory once.

Quote:
Ah No! I'm not the old ones were good, the new ones are the junk.

That's the same expierience that I have had with Simmons scopes . I have a few older models that are decent scopes . I have tried 2 of the newer "Master Series " scoped and I was VERY disapointed in both of them .

If you are looking into a 4.5-14 scope , I would suggest either a Nikon Buckmaster or a Burris Fullfield II . They are not all that much more $$ and in my opinion they are MUCH MUCH better scopes than the Simmons .

I had 2 of the old Atecs and had no problem with them. I have heard a lot of bad things about the new ones. I would go Nikon. Heck I would go with a used Nikon before I got a Simmons. I fact I just did that, and I am quite satisfied with my new used Nikon.

I agree. I have several of the "Pre" Masters Seires Aetecs and they are fine. The clarity is as good as more expensive scopes I own and durability is great. I have yet to hear anything good about the new ones.

broke a simmons scope on my slug gun in 3 shots...sure it wasnt a slug gun scope but my leupold isnt and has held up for years...simmons and tasco dont even register on my "scope" scale

I have 2 simmons master series aetec scopes had no problems love them both, I also have a master series pro hunter I really like it to. I have had more expensive scopes but dont see that they are worth it. They all break and there is good ones and bad ones in all of them. As long as the person shooting it likes it what does it matter. These simmons scopes has a warranty just like the more expensive scopes do. I have had more bad leupolds than any cheap scope I have ever had.

I have the 2.5/10 or whatever on my 308 for a few years with zero probs, had the 4/14 also, it worked Ok but it wasn't to my tatse. A friend has a master series on his 270 which works great too.
I also have one of their cheap 8 point scopes which has been kicked to death on several guns. This cope is now on my 2nd ML and continues to perform as it should.
No probs with any of them. I have many more expensive scopes too, just ask my wife!

Back