best hunt ever ( mountian lion )

callcrazyaz

The wife spent the night at her sisters, so I hoped on the quad and headed out for some coyote calling. After some time on the first stand, I see a yote crossing down wind. He stopes for a quick look then his is gone. Moving to stand # 2 I see 4 deer leaving the area,nothing on this stand. So I move to a dirt stock tank, it's about 8:30 now.I move off to the east and set up with a cross wind on my left. The call is in a bush as I, look back to ward the tank , pointing my ar 15 to right for an easy swing to the left. I start a jack rabbit sound on the Fox Pro in less than 1 min this mountian lion came fom the other end of the tank on a hard run. My rifle is pointed rite at her,I hit her square in the chest she falls less than 10 ft. from the call. This will be a calling day to remember for a life time. The game warrden said she looks to be about 6 yrs, old and was 80 pounds.She will make a real good rug.

mountainlion9-22-o8009.jpg

mountainlion9-22-o8014.jpg

mountainlion9-22-o8006.jpg

mountainlion9-22-o8015.jpg

HOMnominatedbanner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
awsome i seen one last sunday right before dark. they dont come into good when they see you. you did well it will make a nice Rug. Rick

Very, Very COOL !!!
Congratulations !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

callcrazyaz - I got a call on my cell from a member of Arizona Predator Callers who shot a lion on Saturday. Are you this individual? I couldn't get your phone number off my voicemail.

What an excellent trophy...one that you should be very proud to tote back home on the quad with a big 'ole smile. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tony

Great job!!!

That's awesome. What a beautiful cat too. I have actively hunted lions for four years now and have yet to even see one. (Don't want to do it over dogs)

Congratulations!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Congratulations on your beautiful Cougar!

Considering you shot her with the rather light .223, I also want to congratulate you on your fine shot placement.

Back