been bow hunting alot

cmiddleton

i've been bowhunting alot lately and still haven't seen a good buck in my bowhunting spot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
this afternoon i got all camoed up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif and told the wife i was going arrowhead hunting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif. i do it in the same place i bowhunt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
i got up there at 1:00 pm and was home at 5
the wife said "your home early"
i said "i got one" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
she wasn't to happy when i told her it was a arrowhead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'm not in to big of hurry. i have a rifle hunt lined up on a buddy's ranch in chugwater Wyo in Oct and if i don't find a really big muley i can go to sundance and hunt the month of Nov for whitetails.
last time i shot a deer on muddy was in 03.
plus i have a new 270 win I'd like to try out.
i always say i don't kill much with my bow but i love to take it for really long walks.
with the mule deer population down so low on muddy i only shoot 170" and larger deer its just this year i haven't seen any a 3x3 was the largest buck i have seen 2 1/2 year old. i only bow hunt on muddy too. rifle season is a war zone.
i wish they would make it a bow hunting only area. even limited quota would help. maybe the road could slide off again that was the best thing that ever happened to the deer population up there. 3 years with no road hunters.
with only 1 deer tag a year to me the best deer comes in the last hour of the last day in the last season you can hunt. don't get me wrong a big buck could fall any day of any season but you can't shoot a big buck if your packing out a little one. i love the hunt more than the kill but i also prefer deer steak to beef. i have tell november 30 to fill the freezer.

Last edited:
Back