Death Card Calls in the North East........

trashcan

Here is a three call set I put together for PM Member frshwtr. The three calls are a DCC cow horn distress voiced with a Carver toneboard, a Boise De Rose closed JC reed jackrabbit distress, and an African Blackwood JC reed cottontail distress.
Here is the gang all together:
fr1.jpg

Here is the Boise De Rose:
frwc4.jpg

frwc5.jpg

Here is the African Blackwood:
frwc1.jpg

frwc3.jpg

Together:
frwc6.jpg

fr2.jpg

Now I have to give major kudos to frshwtr. He recieved the first wood calls to come out of the Trashcave for PM members and he was stand up enough to give me an honest opinion on how the calls really turned out. He steered me toward what he, as a call user/collector, would look for and improve on with my wood calls. I was pleased with his critique and and happy that he didn't pull punches with his review of the wood calls. Thanks George, it means alot to me that you put the thought into the PM, you are a good man in my book /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif. I gurantee it'll make me a better call maker!
I will probably dabble in wood a bit here and there but I gotta tell you guys, the wood butchers on the board are great at what they do!! This wood stuff takes tons of patience and talent/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif. Antler and horn are a nasty medium, not easy to work with and not very forgiving but wood is a whole nuther story. My hat is off to you guys!!
Thanks again frshwtr, and thanks for looking guys and gals! Have a great week!!

Trashcan
Death Card Calls

Nice work Thomas. You will make a fine "wood butcher". You can keep all the horn and antler stuff. That stuff is a pain. Not to mention the STINK!
Frshwtr, You're a lucky Dude to be getting them calls. Thats a awesome set of calls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

first of all i want you people to know it wasnt a gratis type job. if your are getting a call from this guy see if you can talk him into one of the laynards like those pictured the keeper is neat. the voices are great an d i encourage him to keep at it.

Thomas those are out of this world nice love the shapes perfect size and that african blackwood is cool , is it a lot like iron wood or ebony .keep that lathe spinning till I have some money to spend I would'nt have any kind of collection unless I had one or two of those.

Great work sir!

That imput is invaluable isn't it... Any way you shake it though you have put together a good product there.

I have to say I 100% agree with Thomas, Mr. frshwtr is a stand up guy, he knows his calls and offers good advice. I have had the pleasure to deal with him on more then one occasion and he is a fair and honest man,

Now where does the line form for a wood Death Card call?

lets say i'm honored for what has been said but i'm not an expert at collecting or makeing calls. what i have learned about it i basicly learned hear. i'v bought my share of calls both good and not so good, always been taught to be honest and if asked for a opinion give a true one. there are people here that know much more about this game than i do that are gracious enought to put up with the newbies and help them along and to them i say thanx.

Back