Tried the M1

rabidhunter66

Tried the M1 this morning for the first time, kind of a test run. It was raining lightly but winds were pretty calm. Didnt call anything in that we know of but I found that direct line of site was required to run. It wasnt a problem once I figured that out and full volume didnt seem that loud but I am sure its plenty loud enough for the critters with their ears. Mine are old and had ALOT of shooting so I cant hear like I used to. My buddy said he thought it was plenty loud enough. But what do either one of us know we are newbies to this whole thing. Anyway it felt good to get out and make a few stands.

Glad to see someone is getting out! We had some nice weather for it the past few days, but with no babysitter and three young boys at home, work, and getting ready to send the oldest one back to school tomorrow. Daddy didn't get to do ANYTHING this weekend! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

What sounds were you using on your M1? When I called with my JS Preymaster I use to start out very low and only ran it for a few seconds. After a few minuets of waiting I would go up in the volume, but never real loud. I just didn't want the sound to be "un-natural" in how loud it was. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Good luck next time and keep with it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Sounds ...LOL I I stuck with jackin around and tried a few young coyote howls. made four stands for about 20min each. The last stand I saw some crows so I messed with them a little. I need to get the volume thing figured out because I may have been too loud. Anyway it was a half A$$ attempt and just playing a little we watched the wind but didnt bother with any scent control for this trip and I am sure the Bens100 would have given us away anyway.

Back