2008 changes at Predator Masters

Redfrog

It is never easy trying to manage an organization of this size, with a strictly volunteer staff spread over the country, actually over two countries, so I want to say how grateful I am to the moderators and administrators who give of themselves daily to make Predator Masters the driving force it is today in the predator hunting sport. Without their dedication and hard work, volunteering their time and efforts I doubt we would be here.

We have managed to accomplish some good things through the past year. Besides the day to day running of this forum to keep it available for hunters to share their triumphs and their troubles, we had our annual hunt in Globe to provide a venue for members to shake hands and say hello to their fellow callers. This yearly hunt was one of the goals set by Will Craig.

It gives us a chance to meet people from the industry, experts with years experience and beginners who will come away from the hunt with a much better understanding of the nuts and bolts of calling.

This year we hope the hunt will be bigger and better than last year. It is never a competition; except for the egg shoot of course, but more a gathering for members at all stages of expertise in the sport.

We awarded two scholarships this year. I believe that is a first in this sport. We hope to expand that program this year. Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all who applied.

In the near future we hope to have a forum up and running devoted to fighting the antis on hunting issues. We are looking for a few good men to help with this huge task.

The Predator Expo is fast approaching this month. We will have a booth there and try to make our presence felt as the largest and most successful predator hunting organization on the planet. This is very exciting stuff for a sport that has really taken off in the last few years.

As in any organization we have to be willing to continually assess our direction and policies. Sometimes it is difficult to change the way we do things, but as the sport changes we must change to achieve our goals.

We have reached one of those times now.

In the past our staff has dealt with Predator Masters discussions and decisions in private. We have used the same process from the beginning and still use it today. An issue is brought up; it is discussed and then is voted on. A decision is only made by a consensus of opinion. There is no one person who decides what we do. We decide as a group.

In the past, when we have made tough decisions. One of the most difficult is suspending someone’s posting privileges. It is taken very seriously by our staff. Historically, we have kept the decision between PM and the person involved. Some times the people involved went to other boards and tried to cast PM in a bad light. Sometimes we took legal action, but most times we ignored the trashing, and didn’t respond.

This will no longer be the case.

Lately we have seen problems here with disputes between members as well as sponsors. It is at the point now where it is not only bad for the sport as it takes the focus away from hunting and puts it on personal issues between those involved, but bad for Predator Masters as well.
I say this because it sucks our volunteer resources from doing positive things with our organization to settling disputes that should be settled privately.

In the last few months there has been an escalation of disruption on our board and there have there been 2 websites set up lately with the intention of and actively soliciting actions to disrupt and slander Predator Masters and it's staff.

We have repeatedly tried to settle these matters as peacefully as possible, but without much success.

There are many different ideas, opinions and products along with techniques and equipment being used by our sport. Predator Masters welcomes and encourages opinions and debate on these things, in a reasonable manner. It helps the sport grow. The personal attacks on members or sponsors or moderators do not. Everyone is welcome to join Predator Masters at no cost. They should feel welcome to post their pictures and stories and opinions without fear of ridicule or insults. They should also not be subjected to assaults on their reputations.

The sponsors that support this board help pay the bills. No one of them has any control over the direction or policy of this board. They deserve the right to promote their products and services without harassment.

This kind of poor behavior is very bad for the sport and it discourages participation on this board.

We will now be taking a more proactive position on this matter.
In the last few weeks we have permanently suspended posting privileges of 4 members and cancelled two sponsorship contracts with a prorated refund.

We are also looking at legal recourse available to us.

We need to be very clear that our goals are to promote the sport of predator hunting and to provide a user, family, friendly place for hunters to exchange stories, tips and advice as well as promote the sport and fight for our right to hunt. If someone is here with an agenda different than that then they are likely on the wrong board.

I started off thanking the moderators for their volunteer efforts, and I’d like to end by thanking the members for their support and input into making Predator Masters a great place of which to be a part.
While it is true we are a hunting organization, one only has to look through the threads on any day and find that we are also a family, who has disagreements, but who also can show solidarity when helping or supporting a fellow member when they need it. Everyday I read a post that makes proud to be a part of Predator Masters.

Thank you all for your support."

---------------------
Never let anyone outside of the family know what you are thinking....... The Frog Father.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

Canada FOXPRO Dealer.

www.redfrogoutfitters.com

RF--I think you mods all do an outstanding job and this site is far more to me, and many others, than some mere Internet posting board. It has been responsible for me vastly expanding my hunting knowledge and meeting new hunting buddies from across the US and Canada. I live in an area with relatively few predator hunters and the networking PM provides is of immense value to me. But for PM, I'd have missed out on meeting some great guys with whom I've been able to get together with and hunt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

THANK YOU and all the mods for your efforts! You guys all do a great job and make me proud to be a part of this community. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

I also appreciate your collective 'take the high road' mentality. I believe I am partially aware of the general facts relating to some of the problem posters you mentioned above, and it is a shame grown men have forced you guys to become referees to a few petty individuals' 'below the line' actions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I will also say that I make every effort to buy from PM sponsors and my experiences with them has been 100% so far and I've been on PM since 2005. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I believe you guys' efforts have made this the best predator hunting site on the Net and you should all rightly feel great pride in that! THANKS AGAIN!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Redfrog, I am impressed by your corrective actions, sorry to say, but it was needed. PredatorMaster's Admin/Sponsors and especially the Moderators have my deepest admiration for what you do.

Thanks, from a PM'er back east in the thick stuff.

RF I think you should read a little more into the laws of a non profit org or is it not a 501 c this board carries

Just looking out for the good of the board I believe there are some restrictions on what a non profit org can get involved in

Bill

We awarded two scholarships this year. I believe that is a first in this sport. We hope to expand that program this year. Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all who applied.

i dont get to get on the internet very often. could you direct me to the winners threads?

Quote:
RF I think you should read a little more into the laws of a non profit org or is it not a 501 c this board carries

Just looking out for the good of the board I believe there are some restrictions on what a non profit org can get involved in

Bill

I think they are pretty up on the regs, Bill.

A 501(c)3 non-profit corporation is primarily forbidden from participating in partisan political activity (unless it is Obama's church...). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PM mods never let the site take an advocacy position politically. For example, a few months ago the antis were trying to shut down PD hunting in CO. NASA, Claimbuster and a bunch of the other guys who frequent the varmint board did a great job organizing to pressure the CO Game Commission to believe the legitimate game management biologists and not the eco-terrorists, some of whom have documented ties to the domestic terrorist group EarthFirst!.

While private individuals used the forums to communicate about the issue, the PM site was very careful to stay neutral, because the mods did not want to give the slightest appearance of meddling in political activity.

I'm quite confident in the mods' understanding of the IRS rules on 501(c)3's.

Banning rule-breaking posters or sponsors is completely within the regs. Nothing about 501(c)3 status means you have to give free reign to folks breaking posting rules and repeated warnings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Exemption Requirements

To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.

In the near future we hope to have a forum up and running devoted to fighting the antis on hunting issues. We are looking for a few good men to help with this huge task.

We do know what our legal requirements are. As directors of this organization, that is part of our responsibilities.

This thread was started to bring members up to speed on what we are doing.
If you are an attorney, maybe you'd consider volunteering and helping us. We could sure put our finances to other uses.

You guys here of PM are awesome!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Keep up the good work gentlemen!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I have to through my opinion out here. I personally do not post much here, but I do look a lot. I have seen several cases where the mods have been real quick to get involved in the so called attacks against people. So again......just my opionion here, I think in some cases, the pot might be calling the kettle black.

RF I am not an attorney,but I was voted in as VP in a NPO,and when my term was up I had to decline the position for President of this NPO due to personal reasons.

In my honest opinion It sounds to me you don't understand as much as you know

First off you need to read and understand the book and all the papers you recieved when you applied for your 501 c
The guide lines for you to follow are all in there if you don't understand them you best get a lawyer

I did hear you were asked for proof that this board was a NPO and you have yet to submit those papers.You now stand in violation.

All monies collected and all monies spent must be made public when asked.

I wish you the best in your venture

Quote:
I did hear you were asked for proof that this board was a NPO and you have yet to submit those papers.You now stand in violation.

You were missinformed. This past year was the first year that we filed as NPO, and the 990 has just been completed in the last week or so.

As you may or may not know, the paperwork takes time before everything is final. Anyone who submits a request as Randy Black asked ion another thread, will be given a copy. There is no requirement to make it available on-line.

Quote:
RF I am not an attorney,but I was voted in as VP in a NPO,and when my term was up I had to decline the position for President of this NPO due to personal reasons.

In my honest opinion It sounds to me you don't understand as much as you know

First off you need to read and understand the book and all the papers you recieved when you applied for your 501 c
The guide lines for you to follow are all in there if you don't understand them you best get a lawyer

All monies collected and all monies spent must be made public when asked.

I wish you the best in your venture

I sounds like someone spent the night at the Holiday Inn last night.

Mivarmint /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back