New guy in eastern Idaho

I as well am new to PM. Plan on hunting between boise and the nevada border. anybody who wants to throw out recommendations would be much obliged.

Quote:
I've also seen 3-4 very pretty cross/silver foxes there.

I just got the beta on all the crazy looking foxes here and in Wilson, WY. In the '50's there was a guy breeding foxes on Fish Creek rd. in Wilson. It was costing him money instead of him making it. So one day he just opened up the cages and now we have all these crazy colored foxes.

Quote:
I as well am new to PM. Plan on hunting between boise and the nevada border. anybody who wants to throw out recommendations would be much obliged.

I don't want to come off as over simplifing the whole thing but with the amount of BLM land available you can literally just head south and start. After a few trips out you should have plenty of areas where you like or seen enough that you would like to investigate further.

Hey new guy welcome, i did not know there were so many guys from idaho on pm i do not spend alot of time online but when i go on i check out what people are talking about. there are alot of good videos and books out there byrons a good friend of mine so of course i would recomend his videos.if you come down this way look me up and i will help you out if i can. right now it is really to hot for me i prefer a flyrod in my hand insted of a gun .i dont really get fired up until about oct 1.

What brings you to boise? the yote hunting around boise is world class i have been hunting here for over 30 years and it has always been great.There are alot of people moving here so the hunting right around town has become a little harder. now after deer and elk season everyone seems to go out calling on the weekends. look me up when you get to town and i will hook you up with some good areas. buy a idaho map book its the best 20 bucks you will ever spend

I kinda figured that is what I would try. there is a lot of public land out there. Any recommendations about calling and squalling along the snake river drainage?

i have one map book now and am waiting until i get officially moved before I investigate further. I am excited to try it though. Ever hunted along the snake drainage and the valleys that flow into that river?

I have a friend that I have known since second grade that I used to hunt with where we grew up in NW MT. We are itching to get inot prdator calling and would love some guidance. I will look you up when we move up next month. THanks

Hey Chris,

If you have any time over the next 14 days and would like to shoot some chucks in Teton Valley, I have the access and could use a partner. PM me

Back