Best hand calls for the $

I think the Tally-Ho (open reed) is one of the best deals you'll find. It's a good medium to long range call for 5 to 7$. Just takes a little practice to get used to.

Yotes,

Open reed. I've had a few years practice now and the dogs that come charging are coming to the tally ho.

Lone Howl Outfitters (www.lonehowloutfitters.com) open reed. Hands down the best I've used.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I have 40 plus hand calls, but I like the crit-r-calls peewee and standard alot. I also use the Sceery AP-6 along with my Circe and Burn. Bros. Mini Blaster. They are all good - I just use different ones for changeup of sounds.

It is very difficult to find any line of calls that are more versitile than the crit-r-call line of calls. Whole families of calls have used these calls as the guts of the call. Look in almost all types of carlsons calls and you will find a crit-r-call. I once purchased a deer grunt call and happily used it for years. For some reason I took it apart and was shocked to find a crit-r-call. But better than that I also found that I had a whole array of calls from the parts of thar deer grunt call. The crit-r-call was a standard call with the reed turned backwards, the deer call body was the same body used in their bear call with a Pee Wee in the opposite end for a voice, turn it around with a standard and a reed turned as a predator call and we have a long range call, then theres the regular standard.
The crit-r-call is also one of the easiest open reed calls to use. Keep the reed adjusted over the sound channel and they will work each and every time. No sticking, no locking no freezing up, wonderful calls.

Also the magnum makes one heck of a good howler. And on windy days when you really want the sound to get out there the magnum will really do it.

You want a truly excellent call get any of the crit-r-call, heck get all of them you won't be sorry.

Yellowhammer, Check out www.allpredatorcalls.com . They advertise here and seem to have any call your heart may desire. I did get a few CritR calls from a Cabelas store, but the catalog & Bass Pro shops have only a very limited selection of calls.

Most bang for the buck in my opinion has to go to the Tally-Ho. Actually My favorite open reed call out of my whole pile is the Tally-Ho. It has an awesome variety of sounds, and it works very well for me. I am going to get a couple more just in case they ever stop makin em. My buddy has the critr calls and he likes them, but he said he also likes the sound of the Tally-Ho. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

fce865ca.jpg

The Silver Dog Howler is a heck of a good deal. I sure like mine alot. It sounds as good as an open reed howler can and it's easy to blow. The price is under 40 bucks delivered to your door. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Doug

The horn howler by ~RICH CRONK~ will give you a very crisp clean sound that carries in varied terrain. Easy to blow with little effort.

Well, I called Allpredatorcalls.com today and ordered the Tally-Ho and Crit-r-call standard. Now all I have to do is learn how to use them. I hope they have good instructions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yea, I ordered the tally-ho call this week also from what you guys have said about it. Is there an audio example of the sound of this call
anywhere on a website, because I have no idea of what it's suppose to sound like?

The key word in this Question is money, and this is just my take. For the money ($5-$7) there is no better call then the Tally-ho. I even use it as a howler now and again.

Back