Prime bobcat fur prices?

Posted by: matachango

Prime bobcat fur prices? - 11/23/13 01:29 PM

Just wondering how much a prime bobcat fur is fetching these days? Is there a website with the going fur prices? Thanks.
Posted by: thinkinthebox

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 11/23/13 04:16 PM

Depending on alot of factors they will be at 900 to 1000 tops to start, but most people expect them to go higher by seasons end!!!
FFG mag Trapper and others say this...
Posted by: matachango

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 11/23/13 06:43 PM

Dang! I'm pretty sure I saw one dead on the side of the road the other day. Looked like a nice one and freshly hit too. I'll be doing a lot of driving this winter so I'll keep my eyes peeled. I guess I can learn to trap too. Thanks for the reply.
Posted by: Idcurs

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 11/28/13 09:51 PM

A cat that will fetch a 900 hundred payday will be a prime #1 36 inch or longer and a male!!!And put up right.I had a dozen or so last year,my best was 1150.Most cats are not yet prime.
Posted by: rio

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 12/21/13 08:31 PM

At Idcurs. Just curious how big your best cat was last year. A thousand plus seems tempting to sell. I have one nice cat i am thinking of rugging or lifesize mount. He is my best cat at 33 lbs 43" nose to base of tail.
Hate to sell him then never catch a Tom this big again.
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b549/riehl361photobucket/tom_zpsa0de722f.jpg
Posted by: DiRTY DOG

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/04/14 11:07 AM

Dang, cats around here average around 13-15 lbs. Biggest tom I've gotten so far was 19 lbs. And not fancy colored either. Oh well.
Posted by: elkhunter2002

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/09/14 08:27 AM

Has anyone sold any good western cats yet?
Posted by: EJ Reichenbach

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/10/14 04:43 PM

Tops is running about $500 right now
Posted by: RuggedExposure

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/13/14 02:30 PM

Where are they selling for $1000? This is really my first year doing this and I have not sold any pelts yet.

I got this girl a few weeks ago by my house, 24lbs:

Posted by: ksboy2

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/13/14 04:19 PM

that cat looks pretty good... your fur price is going to be determined by your location... that cat looks like it came from a decent elevation
Posted by: NMBorderYote

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/19/14 11:16 PM

Rugged,
If you are anywhere close to Globe, AZ, that is where you might want to take your cats. The Fur sale is sponsored by the AZ Trappers Association and is scheduled for February 15, 2014 out at the Gila County Fair grounds. You can start checking in fur on the 14th.

The word on the streets is that buyers are offering $500 for cats. With any luck at all this will go up towards seasons end, but only time will tell. Those $900 - $1,000 dollar cats were based on last years prices. Us trappers can only hope and pray for another banner year like that, but do not hold your breath.

All the cats I have so far this year are 38+ inches, and I would be tickled pink for $500 each, anything more would be a bonus. Best of luck to you.
Posted by: wolfey

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/22/14 02:14 PM

That's one cool rig ya got there Rugged!
Posted by: John S

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/23/14 06:51 AM

Where can I sale mine in SE Tx.???
Posted by: RePete

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/23/14 09:53 AM

This is from the internet so take it for what it's worth but,,,,

http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4260090/1

Most trappers are aware that recent complex developments in the fur market will affect prices, and there has been a lot of speculation and rumor. Mike Wilhite wrote a lengthy, detailed, very factual analysis in his Fur Market Report for the upcoming March/April issue, and I felt some of the information was of immediate concern. Here is a brief summary of the essential facts, in Wilhiteís words:

Last year things lined up perfectly, and nobody saw record prices coming in February. This past fall, nobody also foresaw arrests for corruption at key Chinese fur processing plants, or the unusually mild winter in most of Europe, Russia, China, Korea, and Japan.

Cold weather sells fur products. Last year, when fur sales peaked, China experienced their coldest winter in 28 years, and the weather in Russia and Europe was brutal. In contrast, during the current retail season these same areas saw record warmth. This made it extremely difficult for retailers to move fur products, and their retail sales were off by more than 50%. When manufacturers canít move stock, they have much less room for this yearís fur harvest.

China elected a new premier in the spring of 2013, Li Keqiang, who has pledged to reform capital markets and the currency, increase environmental controls to cut pollution, and fight China's pervasive corruption.

The Ministry of Environmental Protection issued new waste discharge standards for leather and fur processing, setting specific limits on certain materials. These took effect on January 1, 2014. The government promised to shut down tanneries that failed to comply by the end of 2014, and itís uncertain how many will be able to do it.

As part of Liís anti-crime campaign, Chinese customs authorities put 260 smuggling cases on file for investigation in a nationwide crackdown. The campaign mainly targeted drugs, weapons, endangered species, and rare earth metals. However, during the course of their investigations, customs officials in the port city of Shantou were tipped off that the Kuikeng Fur Co. had been smuggling fur. Kuikeng Fur is one of the largest fur and leather apparel manufacturers in China. Police mobilized to bust the smuggling ring, whose branches spread to three other cities, including the capital city of Beijing, and in the raid 26 people were arrested and over 1 million pieces of fur were seized. Also seized were documents and electronic data.
So far at least $1.25 billion worth of fur has been seized in China. Most of this has been ranch mink and fox coming from all over the globe, including North America. Some of the key players have already been handed 10-year prison terms, and at the time of this writing as many as 100 other fur buyers, brokers, dressers, and processors in China are under house arrest, awaiting sentencing. Itís believed that some Chinese buyers will sit out this season, from fear of being investigated.

This, along with the lethargic retail season, has already slowed advancement of fresh goods, which was evident at the beginning of the sales season at auctions in Copenhagen and Helsinki, where prices dropped as much as 25%, with very poor clearances. Market experts see a lack of Chinese support causing some skin prices to fall at least 30% from their peaks. However, items of interest to the European fashion trade (marten, fisher, red and gray fox, some heavy coon) will likely sell well.

To recap:
ē The new Chinese premier is getting tough on crime, which has resulted in arrests of key fur buyers, brokers, and dressers.
ē New Chinese pollution standards are affecting tanneries, which must comply or face being shut down.
ē Abnormally warm winter in most of Asia, Europe, Korea, and Russia resulted in more than a 50% decrease in retail sales.
ē Consumers are increasingly resisting high retail prices for finished fur goods.

Before Iím accused of spreading gloom and doom, there is a positive side to things. I believe this is not a long term problem. I believe China will eventually work things out, and when retail sales pick up they will resolve their problems quicker. When normal weather returns to prime markets, so will retail buying. We may be traveling down a rocky road for a while, but I believe it will be a short ride. However, we are in for a season or two of adjustments.

Also, there has been a lot of talk about the Chinese raising tariffs on imports, hence slowing sales and encouraging illegal activity. This is all unsubstantiated talk. According to the new tariff program, which took effect January 1, 2014, the MFN rates that include imported mink and fox skins were actually cut 5%. This is the first change in fur skin import taxes in 8 years, and itís a positive one.

Everyone agrees that NAFAís February sale and Fur Harvesterís March sale will tell us more. The Beijing Fur & Leather Products Fair was very well attended and considered a success; however, exhibitorsí attempts to do business based on prices paid at the December auctions reportedly were not successful, as buyers apparently are waiting for the major auctions for a better indication of price direction.

All the major players in the industry acknowledge that the fur market will experience a price adjustment in upcoming auction sales. But letís not overreact. This is a period of adjustment; it is not a market crash. Ė Mike Wilhite
Posted by: phutch30

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/23/14 11:43 AM

Yesterday I was quoted $500-600 tops for all but the very best toms.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/24/14 10:50 AM

Yea,,,, time will tell and coming from a hack who has to write something in order to get that pay check, take it with a grain of salt, but he did make a couple of good points in his summary so I thought I'd pass it on.

I'll wait to see the results from Fallon's auction which ends today before forming an opinion but I do think the market will correct it's self to a degree this year or at the latest next year which is fine with me.

Posted by: gotspots

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/24/14 01:56 PM

Fallon is not until the end of Feb.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/24/14 03:20 PM

Oh crap,,, you're right.
Don't know how I got Jan 21st out of Feb 21st????
Can't be oldtimers disease. frown
Posted by: Yellowhammer

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/28/14 04:23 PM

Fresh skinned price here is about $60-$75.
Posted by: 22cat

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/28/14 06:17 PM

so about how much can you get for a bobcat? I just got a big long tom Saturday and need some money

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/28/14 10:46 PM

Sounds like things rant going to go skyrocket like we have seen in the past I have a feeling that a lot of cats will be held over till the May sale which will drive the price down, but it's still 500-600 tops which isn't to bad, I got a guy coming to look at my furs tomorrow well see what he offers me for my cats.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/29/14 08:17 AM

Originally Posted By: 22cat
so about how much can you get for a bobcat? I just got a big long tom Saturday and need some money

Big well handled tom from your area- 80-110 dollars.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/29/14 09:17 PM

I topped out at $600 on my cats my lowest was $500 I had some nice big toms no females or kitty's. My yotes topped at $65 and had a few for $30.
Posted by: gotya

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/29/14 10:22 PM

EJ, how many cats did you sell? Are you saying you released all your females? How many releases? No fox? Been catching grey's wish we had reds!!! Do you try not to put lures that would catch fox to make sure you don't miss a cat? Last Question was for everybody who targets cats!!

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/29/14 10:37 PM

It doesn't really matter how many cats I had. I like to release females if I can, if foots not frozen or beat up.

Lol I had a single red I got $50 for. Mostly where I catch my cats there is pretty much only cats and a few random coyotes that avoid my exposed sets.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/04/14 10:26 PM

We sold 15 cats today for about a $100 average. High was $140 and we had 4 that were $30-$35.
Posted by: bigdog1

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/04/14 10:56 PM

top cat in Az last year was 1300 dollars, I hope they are not down as far as you guys say.. I will have to save them for a later sale.

JD

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/05/14 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: bigdog1
top cat in Az last year was 1300 dollars, I hope they are not down as far as you guys say.. I will have to save them for a later sale.

JD

Are you serious. $600 is a lot of money for a piece of fur, you guys make me laugh, you think it should always be the same as it was the year before. Its a gamble for sure, you might end up cutting your own throat.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/05/14 05:17 PM

Any word on how Cats did at the CO auction today?

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/05/14 06:47 PM

The Fur doesn't sell till tomorrow.
Posted by: nvsage

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/07/14 08:51 AM

Top cat was $790 heard. Overall avg was pretty low too. Coyotes are hot right now.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/07/14 12:14 PM

Averages have been crap and both sales, I seen 2 nice cats from Wyoming that went to that sale and only brought $350 a piece and they were really nice toms over 40". Be interesting to see what the Utah and Nevada sales do, I'm kind of glad I sole most my cats earlier.
Posted by: DesertGhost

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/09/14 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: bigdog1

JD

this is incorrect. the top cat in az last year was at the Kingman fur sale and it was $1520 I believe, might have been $1525.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/09/14 09:54 PM

A few cats at Nephi Saturday over 800 but the average was just a shade over 400.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/16/14 08:57 PM

Yeah. prices at the Arizona sale was down as well. . . . . hopefully we can see some turn around for NAFA and the end of the sale season. . . .
Posted by: John S

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/17/14 07:00 AM

SE TX $50 that is all.
Posted by: colson

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/17/14 01:05 PM

I talked to my fur buyer yesterday and he said that the average for the Arizona sale was $250 hopefully I remembered the right price.
Posted by: Wackmaster

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/17/14 03:59 PM

That seems right. Cats are down and AZ had alot of no sales. Lot of guys holding out for the $1000 offer. Good luck with that!

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/17/14 09:39 PM

I know of one guy in AZ, good friend of mine, that has an AZ cat in the TOP Lot at NAFA. hopefully it sells well for him....
Posted by: Tactical .20

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/20/14 12:15 PM

hope the prices drop more on cats

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/21/14 10:18 AM

I would like to see the $300 tops days, it's been about 12 years but it may comeback

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/21/14 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Wackmaster
Lot of guys holding out for the $1000 offer. Good luck with that!

I sold my 6 Cats to the same local buyer I've been using for years last week.
Got 350.00 average,,,, down 50.00 from last year but since No. ID Cats tend to have weak bellies and only two went 40" I'm happy. Especially considering I don't have to ship or pay fees. Just drive down the road a few miles, BS with Don about at all the fur he picked up on his last trip, and walk out with a check.

He was grading Fox when I showed up.
Crappy lighting but some of those Reds were stunning. Wish we had some around here.

Posted by: phutch30

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/21/14 12:06 PM

Pete- do you know what he was paying for coyotes?

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/21/14 03:57 PM

Sorry, didn't ask.
I know he likes those big MT pales though and that he makes a couple loops through MT every year.
I can PM you his phone # if you like.
Posted by: M70SWIFT

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/22/14 06:03 PM

Fur buyer came through Colorado on 2/19/14. Folks that sold to him were pretty disgusted. Most had a bad year and hoped to see last years prices. I watched the grading, the offers, etc.. Coyotes averaged around $15-20, Greys $15, Reds $30, big cats' around $400. Suck bellies, semi's, smalls and off colors were discounted .... heavily.
Posted by: XM110

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/22/14 11:05 PM

Went to the fur sale today in Farmington. Was pretty disgusted, only had three buyers show up. Best offer was $175-$210 per cat. Smallest one of mine was 33" and all polished prime toms and one was a NICE blueback. I NO SALED mine and so did 80% for the cat guys. All I can say is Peska/Global/WMF are a JOKE!!

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/23/14 12:04 AM

Here's off the 2/22/2014 NAFA Auction summary for Lynx Cat 100% SOLD ......

100% Western $393.49 avg $1,150.00top, 100% Canadian West $277.40avg $525.00top, 100% Canadian East $131.38avg $250.00top, 100% Northern $143.48avg $270.00top, 100% North Central $112.28avg $270.00 100% Central $73.24avg $120.00top.

A $393 average on western cat means a lot of pelts sold for $500 or more.
Posted by: huntingal

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/23/14 10:02 AM

I was at the Farmington fur sale yesterday also. I sold all my cats and coyotes. I was pleased with what I received. Was it what I averaged last year-No. Was it more that I have made other years (3-4 yrs ago) BIG YES. From talking with other trappers and comparing with other sales, my cats and coyotes brought what was average for the cats and coyotes from my area. I didn't get what a Nevada cat, or a Cali. cat, or a Texas cat would. I got what a properly put up SW Colo. cat was worth. No more, no less.

The fur market is a the most fickle kind of market I have ever known and some trappers are the biggest whiners I have ever known.

Anyone at that sale could see there was a lot of poorly put up and small cats. These were the majority of the no-sales (from what I saw walk out the door). Those trappers were doing a lot of the complaining. NOT EVERY CAT IS A TOP LOT. Yes, some nice cats were also "no-saled". Was it the right move? Only time will tell. You have to be brutely honest with what kind of cats you have.

I overheard one trapper say that they went to Globe, didn't like the price there, came to Farmington, still didn't like the price and was heading to Belen next. You can't tell me they will make up what they have spent in time and money by "sale hopping" and trying to get what they want.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/23/14 11:10 AM

The fur sale I was at cats' were mostly absent. One guy had a half dozen cats' but everyone else had just 1 or two. If this sale was like others across the country it would appear the cat harvest is down. If the European and Asian Commies want cats' maybe the price will go back up.

Another thing I saw were some disillusioned folks. They're definitely in it for the money and in the cat business that's a quick way to go broke. Better to except hunting cats' as a way to recreate
rather than a way of funding an early retirement to an estate in Palm Springs.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/23/14 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: M70SWIFT
The fur sale I was at cats' were mostly absent. One guy had a half dozen cats' but everyone else had just 1 or two. If this sale was like others across the country it would appear the cat harvest is down. If the European and Asian Commies want cats' maybe the price will go back up.

Another thing I saw were some disillusioned folks. They're definitely in it for the money and in the cat business that's a quick way to go broke. Better to except hunting cats' as a way to recreate

There is no shortage of cats 3000 at Fallon NV this weekend 800 sold at AZ last weekend 7000 at NAFA yesterday.
Will be a couple thousand offered in Oregon in the next few weeks. Most guys weren't trapping 6 years ago when cats averaged $180 and topped at $450. Going to be a ton of freezer burned carryover to next year by the unrealistic folks and they will really scream when the price of stale fur is nill.
Posted by: COCat

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/23/14 06:24 PM

I just shake my head and get the giggles. I think Farmington should have been happy any buyers showed up in this market. I always like the sellers telling the buyers how much they should pay, guess they ought to buy fur for a few months and see how that would work out for them.

Carry on, its entertaining to say the least.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/23/14 06:33 PM

Very good point Yesterday was the Farmington sale, Fallon NV (largest of the cat sales), Idaho held a sale and NAFA: not enough buyers to go around. Not all cats are in demand, buyers can only move what their people order. To many guys try to slip a turd in bunch and the buyers don't bite, to bad for you. Auctions have competent help to assist you in lotting your fur properly when this happens you win.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/23/14 06:46 PM

Oh Gotspots, all cats are worth lots of money,just ask around. Its doesn't matter if they are stretched 6" wide, or 14" wide, or even not even stretched or fleshed or even cleaned up. That's the market, and we are all going to Disney World.

OK, so I have a wee bit of sarcasm.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/23/14 07:01 PM

You got it. I dread the calls from the buyers, asking if they can drop of all the crap they've bought along the way to see if I can fix it. See lots of cats that look like they were skinned with a chainsaw fleshed with a wood chipper and stretched on a fence post, then say: it's a thousand dollar cat RIGHT?

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/23/14 07:39 PM

Well, my buddy said it was worth that. His dads buddys uncle sold some to the biggest cat broker in PA and that's what they got last week. He said it didn't matter iffin they had been shotgunned or dog bit.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/23/14 08:03 PM

"look like they were skinned with a chainsaw fleshed with a wood chipper and stretched on a fence post"

That right there is funny!

I averaged $339 at the Farmington auction and am glad I am not still holding cats! All my cats incidentally were $1000+ cats. Stingy fur buyers! I did take a cat down for a friend that went for $799.99 and was probably the high cat for the sale. I had another buddy that averaged $461 for cats. There was a 4 hour delay because of western montana fur not being prepared but I bet they have that fixed next year. Last year there were less than 200 cats at this sale. There were over 730 this year!

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/23/14 10:36 PM

Skinned with a chainsaw. That is what my cats' look like when I whack 'em with the Swift. Geez ... my average on cats' are right up there with all the experts though. Can't figure that out?

I shot a cat in the eye with a .22 mag this year. It brought less than the cats I blew into the next zip code. Maybe the 3-400 stitches helped some. Boy .... are the Chinese-Commies gonna be sore when my cats come out of the tannery with only the ears left.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 02/24/14 09:27 AM

Originally Posted By: M70SWIFT
Better to except hunting cats' as a way to recreate

Ain't that the truth?
Funny how the number of Cat experts has grown the last few years.
Even funnier will be how many "lightly used" traps are in the classifieds and e-gay a couple months from now.

Sure glad I'm just an old foot hunter/hobby trapper with low expectations.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 03/03/14 08:28 PM

Quote:
I didn't get what a Nevada cat, or a Cali. cat, or a Texas cat would. I got what a properly put up SW Colo. cat was worth. No more, no less

Are you saying that Texas cats are worth more than Colorado cats? Good Texas cats green were going for about $140 down to $30 from what I saw. Not sure about fleshed, stretched and dried.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 03/05/14 09:18 AM

Not at all.

I was merely making the point that not all cats are worth the same.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 03/05/14 08:06 PM

I didn't think so. What were the Colorado cats bringing?

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 03/07/14 08:39 AM

I sorted my cats into two lots, those 40"+ and 34"-39". Both lots had some nice cats, both lots had some off colored, castly bellys. I has one sow bellied female in the larger lot.

My "big" cats avereraged $431, the smaller were $338.
Posted by: Brian Stewart

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 03/07/14 10:14 AM

pretty cats you've got there.
Posted by: Tactical .20

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 03/16/14 01:34 PM

nice! wish I could go get a few next fall.
Posted by: Traveling Trapper

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 08/12/14 08:58 PM

Anybody know the value of a good, prime, well put up cat from about 5,000 feet in western Colorado is?

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 08/14/14 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Traveling Trapper
Anybody know the value of a good, prime, well put up cat from about 5,000 feet in western Colorado is?

This years or last years??

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 08/15/14 11:30 PM

Last year's, or whatever you think this year's will be worth. Thanks

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 08/16/14 03:38 PM

Cats are going to be cheap this year, If you have a cat from last year it may be stale and not worth anything.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 08/16/14 09:43 PM

Nothing from last year, just wondering what you thought they would be this year? Or what they went for last year.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 08/16/14 10:31 PM

Last year is past, doesn't matter. as of now good February Colorado cats may top out around $500, most will be well below $400. Still a lot of unsold goods in Canada.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 08/17/14 05:02 PM

Ok, thank you.
Posted by: Lungbuster

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 09/14/14 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: gotspots
Last year is past, doesn't matter. as of now good February Colorado cats may top out around $500, most will be well below $400. Still a lot of unsold goods in Canada.

There was a 100% clearance on cats at the september NAFA sale last week. But I think your price estimate might be pretty close....

Good luck this year.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 09/14/14 12:26 PM

100% clearance on top end cats. still a considerable amount of tit sows, flats and low end still unsold at both NAFA and FHA not to mention in buyers freezers all across the country.
Posted by: catbegone

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 09/16/14 07:48 AM

A good run of cats will avg. between 4-500.00 this year.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 09/16/14 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: catbegone
A good run of cats will avg. between 4-500.00 this year.

so they will average better than last year? There will always be a few high dollar cats but I bet the average is closer to $300. Time will tell.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 09/19/14 02:28 PM

Ok, I'll just keep the high end cats and see what happens.
Posted by: Infidel 762

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 09/20/14 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: huntingal
I sorted my cats into two lots, those 40"+ and 34"-39". Both lots had some nice cats, both lots had some off colored, castly bellys. I has one sow bellied female in the larger lot.

My "big" cats avereraged $431, the smaller were $338.

Very nice thumbup1

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 09/21/14 09:09 PM

Traveling, that's a nice add you have in the Nickle.

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 10/12/14 12:12 PM

Thank you, although, we aren't supposed to post our business websites on here.
Posted by: XM110

Re: Prime bobcat fur prices? - 01/19/15 09:02 PM

If anyone wants the best for your fur, I'm shipping to Fur Harvesters this yr. Last sale in June 2014 result: average western bobcats brought $644. I can text a screen shot of the entire list if anyone wants. (970)749-0897

I'm in Durango Colorado, can make a drive to pick fur up within 150miles. So NM and AZ guys hit me up too.